Disconnected Offroad

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. The Base Camp

Yeah everything around it is fine, other end of the harness is still intact and attached to the axle, it wasn’t pulled off or anything, hell even the breather is still attached. I had problems with the patrol car a few months back and the twp mechanic said a harness under the hood was chewed up. I guess they don’t like Fords though, my truck hasn’t been hit yet.
  3. The Base Camp

I recall you being right on the polarity question, but it's been a while. Yeah, that's a hard place to sustain trail damage. Fuckin' squirrels.
  4. The Base Camp

Yessir, I’m thinking something got in there and ate it. No other damage around it? I pulled off the tape and insulation, I’ll wire it to the SPOD tomorrow. Need to read up on whether the polarity of the actuator/plunger matters as neither of the two wires are marked. Quick google reading seems to think polarity doesn’t matter.
  5. The Base Camp

Well, I don't want to rob you of your own story of course
  6. The Base Camp

But not here? Should this not be the repository of content? Apparently, my Jeep is famous in small circles. At our last wheeling stop in Louisiana the guy who owned the park walked up to me and was like "Your rig is supercharged with PR60/80, right?" You can see the axles, but the engine was off when he got there. I asked him how he guess it had a blower. He said he saw it last years Alaska videos and then again on the updates for this trip. Creepy.
  7. The Base Camp

Is that the e-locker harness?
  8. The Base Camp

Well fark me!!! No idea when or how This happened. Been chasing the dreaded intermittent start problem (battery’s good, starter is new, alternator is good) crawled under to check the grounds
  9. The Base Camp

I know, I've already shared it.
  10. The Base Camp

You do realize that Disconnected Offroad might benefit from, you know, a picture or two of one of it's members wheeling, being a Jeep/ORV Not-A-Club and all.
  11. The Base Camp

You do realize that we've all seen this 100 times already all over social media, right?
  12. The Base Camp

@Phoenix has given up on #overlanding and has gone full spoon.
  13. Last week
  14. The Base Camp

I thought I posted this but apparently the link doesn't embed a photo. It was thisclose, but as you can see, it wouldn't have had far to flop.
  15. Got the last username....so hoping we can all be in the same group.... @Mean Gene, @Jeremy, @Mr T and myself all running blues. Thx.
  16. Rock the Clock 3 - Trail Guide Sign-Ups

I wouldn't want to make that investment either.
  17. Trying to. But, sadly Facebook Jeepers are very green and hard to convince. I've had a few gmrs only runs and it worked great. I really don't know if I'll have my CB fixed before RTC. I had wanted to purchase a bulk of radios to be able to loan out for runs and events, but with the lack of activity on the site, on runs, and RRC signups, I haven't wanted to make the investment.
  18. The Base Camp

Anything more than a cooler is overlanding to me. I'm at about 119". Rubicadillac. My old explorer was 110". Great size
  19. The Base Camp

Are you trying to hurt @Phoenix's feelings on purpose?
  20. The Base Camp

I don't need cargo space. As long as I have enough room for a few tools and lunch I'm gold. I don't plan on overlanding. Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  21. The Base Camp

A JKU is 116", All of the wheelbase, none of the cargo space???
  22. The Base Camp

105" wheelbase was the best thing I ever did. I'm thinking about going to 110 now. Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  23. The Base Camp

Lmao Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  24. The Base Camp

What did you do, finance it for 10 years. Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
  25. The Beer Thread..

Kane came out with it's Mexican Breakfast, haven't had a chance to try it yet but they were super upstanding with a small issue that didn't effect any element of the taste or quality of the beer and ended up giving everyone who bought one a refund. Awesome Brewery for taking a loss on something just to keep up their reputation. Hope people will pay the generosity forward and share a bottle with those unable to get one in the raffle. That good vibe should be passed forward. Also went to treehouse a couple weeks ago. That is the mecca of beer. Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
  26. I have a handheld in the glove compartment, but that's it. I'd rather loan someone my other handheld than deal with CB
  27. Ok so @Mean Gene and @Jeremy now I just need to find out the new guys username.
  1. Load more activity