Too much shittyness of the night to get into too much detail. But the main part are.
- Lost my keys.
- Nice weather turned into really crappy weather fast.
- During the scurry to get the tent up as shelter I ended up using Dan's bait cooler to try to weigh down the tent in the wind. Which ended up with the tent getting soaked with bait smelling water.
- Took shelter in the tent, but lightning was getting way to close for comfort. Picked up the dog and ran for the jeep. Ended up activating the alarm twice at 2 a.m in the downpour.
-To avoid setting the alarm off I tried to get to my gear by opening up the dust cover. This led to a waterfall of water from the dust cover and the bikini top to pour into the back soaking all of my gear and the dog bed for Ellie.
- Managed to have 1 wool blanket and 1 hoodie that was dry in a dry bag (thank god). Found the only high and dry spot in the tent and set up the wool blanket for Ellie to sleep on (she was soaked).
- Tried to fall asleep on the cot but was too cold, ended up stealing the dogs wool blanket, and spooned with the dog on a small one person cot under the blanket.
So there it is, I got my hour and a half of sleep, while wearing a semi dry hoodie, soaking wet shorts, cuddling with a wet dog, surrounded by a blanket smelling of wet dog, inside of a tent smelling of bait and a wet floor.
On the plus side, Dan found my keys in about 30 seconds in the morning, the cops that showed up in the morning were cool. And breakfast at sunset beach was delicious. Although, Ellie still thinks I owe her at least 10 more breakfast sandwiches to make up for the night.