Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

Upgraded Headlights (Jeep JK)

80 posts in this topic

About a week ago I installed a pair of KC Hilites Gravity Pros. I had to fix a worn out headlight aming screw and wanted to get things lined up properly before I gave a review. 

The low beams are great, a world of difference over stock. The high beams are amazing, I'm still surprised at how good they are every time I turn them on. 

I do have a question about what height everyone aims their lights at. At 25' I have read either aim them straight out like stock, straight out but subtract the amount of your lift or to just aim them at 36"above the ground. What has everyone else tried and how does it seem to be working?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
28 minutes ago, SidSpider said:

About a week ago I installed a pair of KC Hilites Gravity Pros. I had to fix a worn out headlight aming screw and wanted to get things lined up properly before I gave a review. 

The low beams are great, a world of difference over stock. The high beams are amazing, I'm still surprised at how good they are every time I turn them on. 

I do have a question about what height everyone aims their lights at. At 25' I have read either aim them straight out like stock, straight out but subtract the amount of your lift or to just aim them at 36"above the ground. What has everyone else tried and how does it seem to be working?

Google is your friend.  If you see something posted by hilldweller, consider it gospel.  Search "jk headlight aiming"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
20 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Google is your friend.  If you see something posted by hilldweller, consider it gospel.  Search "jk headlight aiming"

Of course I checked the Google. How else do you think I came up with 3 different answers to the exact same question? :sos:

Thank you for the suggestion to look for Hilldweller. I found a link he had posted with a chart on lighting heights. I'll get them adjusted and some pics posed soon. 

In case anyone needs it, the chart is here...

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/aim/aim.html

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
33 minutes ago, SidSpider said:

Of course I checked the Google. How else do you think I came up with 3 different answers to the exact same question? :sos:

Thank you for the suggestion to look for Hilldweller. I found a link he had posted with a chart on lighting heights. I'll get them adjusted and some pics posed soon. 

In case anyone needs it, the chart is here...

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/aim/aim.html

I actually bought headlamps from Daniel Stern when I first got my Jeep before JW Speakers were a thing.  We had some convos.  Incredibly intelligent guy.  Knows his vehicle lighting and electrics.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
59 minutes ago, kobbs_77 said:

I actually bought headlamps from Daniel Stern when I first got my Jeep before JW Speakers were a thing.  We had some convos.  Incredibly intelligent guy.  Knows his vehicle lighting and electrics.....

Sat around a campfire with him in NC, agreed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0