Disconnected Offroad
MJHomebrew

Wrenching in Da Barn 2015

107 posts in this topic

Can we rebuild my trans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm. I have tractors. We can teach you how you're supposed to drive a manual...
  • Like 5

Looks like i'm definitely in. Any tools or whatever i should bring?

Bring what you want. Have most regular hand tools. Air tools etc.

If you have work to do, and need something special to accomplish it...bring that special thing.

I just tape over my warning lights, so I'll be good.  I'm just coming to lend a hand and hang out if that works?

• Like 1

I went to order the hardware from Northridge and the shipping was $18.50. I hate being ripped off on shipping, so I checked out the Rebel kit, which is similarly priced and ships for only $5, but it's only good for '07 - '11 as they changed the track bar hardware. So I went on an online search and found a guy who could get me all the hardware shipped for $38.15. I spoke with him today and he told me he could get the hardware here on time. If it shows up and works I'll make a thread with a link to his site and the details of what I ordered.

I feel the same was as you, Ted.  But then I bet that box of hardware weighs 10 pounds or more.  So without other stuff on the order to cover the cost, it's not hard to understand the $18 shipping charge.  Hopefully this other vendor will come through.

I usually buy my fasteners at Ace.  But it can get expensive and they don't have a great selection.  I might want to buy the fastener kit just to have some spares on hand.  I've had people loose a bolt from time to time on the trails. 

I feel the same was as you, Ted.  But then I bet that box of hardware weighs 10 pounds or more.  So without other stuff on the order to cover the cost, it's not hard to understand the $18 shipping charge.  Hopefully this other vendor will come through.

I usually buy my fasteners at Ace.  But it can get expensive and they don't have a great selection.  I might want to buy the fastener kit just to have some spares on hand.  I've had people loose a bolt from time to time on the trails. 

At that point,$50 for one unit of the right bolt is reasonable.....

I from time to time investigate the state of the art in trail spares.  Some guys carry Grade 8 threaded rod in a few diameters with matching washers and nuts and a rod cutter and they can make on the trail just about any size bolt you need.  This is not as strong as a proper headed bolt, but it seems like a pretty cool idea, especially for long stretches out like overlanding.

• Like 2

At that point,$50 for one unit of the right bolt is reasonable.....

I from time to time investigate the state of the art in trail spares.  Some guys carry Grade 8 threaded rod in a few diameters with matching washers and nuts and a rod cutter and they can make on the trail just about any size bolt you need.  This is not as strong as a proper headed bolt, but it seems like a pretty cool idea, especially for long stretches out like overlanding.

that's a cool idea - even just two diameters would get you 90% of the common things to fail

what time is this kicking off? might try to steal a few hours in the am if it's happening before noon..

mason, you still want those 5100's?

if not, anyone looking for a set of front 5100's for 2-3" lift?

I'm going to my storage unit tonight, if anyone wants me to grab that TV, please post up before 6.

Ted, the stuff is ready for you to pick up whenever in the location I mentioned. 

what time is this kicking off? might try to steal a few hours in the am if it's happening before noon..

9-9:30-10. Whatever works. Can fit 2 jeeps inside at a time. Sid should prolly pull in first so he's got the most room.

mason, you still want those 5100's?

Shit. Forgot about those. I assume I need them. Let me check with the treasurer and see if I can afford them this week.

if not, anyone looking for a set of front 5100's for 2-3" lift?

Damn all these family parties. Gonna miss this one.

Ted, the stuff is ready for you to pick up whenever in the location I mentioned.

Thanks Rick! I'll probably head over a little earlier then I originally expected.

Got it! Thanks again, I'll get it back to you ASAP!

Got it! Thanks again, I'll get it back to you ASAP!

No worries bro.  I'ma try to stop by on my way back from RC.

you start hitting all your nuts with some penetrating oil?

you start hitting all your nuts with some penetrating oil?

No, I haven't oiled my nuts, that's a good idea. I'll spend the day tomorrow getting my nuts good and oiled!

No, I haven't oiled my nuts, that's a good idea. I'll spend the day tomorrow getting my nuts good and oiled!

ATF + Acetone = Amazing. 

I'm going to my storage unit tonight, if anyone wants me to grab that TV, please post up before 6.

SiriusXM usually works in the shop. NFL Radio is a possibility...