Disconnected Offroad
Sign in to follow this  
Phoenix

If you could chage one thing about how the Government works, what would it be?

Next accident needs to be written up as an aggravated assault with a vehicle.  Once it becomes criminal (even under this administration) Buh Bye!!!!

The "perp" assumes another identity so there is no next accident. 

The "perp" assumes another identity so there is no next accident. 

Where there's a will, there's a way.  Once he's fully locked up, they can get the inevitable distinguishing physical characteristics (scars, tats, etc.).  Then when he lies its felony obstruction of justice.  Your guy really needs to talk to the county prosecutor now to make this happen.

The whole thing sounds a little fishy. You'd think they'd be able to come up with a whole stack of excuses to at least hold the guy over night, if they really wanted to. I know she's your friend or coworker, but I have a feeling the police chiefs wife isn't telling you the whole story, or refuses to accept that maybe she should be taking at least some of the blame.

Nailed it w the moral hazard rick I watch Boe employees get 100% of their pay out on wc. Who would go back to work if they are getting 100% of their pay to sit on their ass all day? Just had a case where a guy had pre-existing cardiovascular issues and he has a massive heart attack and died while sitting in a chair. Claim denied as no strenuous activity and wasn't related to his work in any way. WC judge says that's nice now write a section 20 settlement check for $170,000. Whose money did the judge think it was? Yep all us dumb ass taxpayers. And yes I know wc is a social based law/program but wtf. I have worse examples on the municipal side but they aren't mandated by law to get 100% of their pay at least. We are all screwed>_> Is this thing on?

Eventually, they're gonna run outta other people's money to hand out.

Eventually, they're gonna run outta other people's money to hand out.

You're so right, Dan. And sooner than anyone thinks.  For our purposes, States come in two flavors:  High tax and high service (believe it or not, NJ falls into that category) and low tax and low service (PA used to be that, but that's now defined by FL, TX and a few other states).  So, if you're a person a few bucks to the truly wealthy, you've moved to FL or TX  51% of the time.  You can still keep your NJ home, you just have ot make damn sure your head hits the pillow no more than 49% here.  As you might imagine, NJ takes a dim view on this and there are exceptions, but if you move altogether, NJ has no claim.  On a side note for those of you who are married.  Texas has some interesting divorce laws.  For alimony, "the court may order no more than the lesser of $5,000 per month or 20 percent of the obligor’s average monthly gross income.” They just doubled the cap to $5000 per month from $2500.  But to know that no matter how much you earn the cap is $60k per year.  In NJ, there's no cap and I've seen some pretty nasty effective alimony awards, which are pretty uncool.

So getting back on topic.

Trying to solve for Congress not passing a budget, and how to get it balanced.

First thing, we need to get back to a balanced budget, pick the number of years.  Probably needs to be in between 10 and 20 years at this point.

So we divide up the deficit by X, add that to the annual budget, and you should get what is needed in tax revenue.  Use last years tax revenue to estimate this years revenue, adjust rates accordingly, and bang, easy, peasy, lemon squeezy.

So my idea is if there is no annual budget, then no one pays taxes, and there are no federal services.

Social Security should be OK cause we pay a Social Security Tax, same should be true for Medicare.

Other than that, if the Fed Government wants to exist, agree on a budget.

Comments?

Sad part is, it isn't him.

Congress submits a budget for signature.  I don't recall them getting that far in the last 8 years

Sad part is, it isn't him.

Congress submits a budget for signature.  I don't recall them getting that far in the last 8 years

Actually, the Budget and Accounting Act of 1921 requires the President to submit his budget request no later than the first Monday in February every year.  It establishes Executive branch priorities and the general direction of the country.  It sort of gets the ball rolling.  It also does things like identify sources of funds, which is probably why Obama hasn't done this in 4 of the last 5 years.  He doesn't want to say "To pay for X, we're tasking OSHA with issuing $800m in fines this year."  Because that makes it look like he picking on small businesses, etc.

Actually, the Budget and Accounting Act of 1921 requires the President to submit his budget request no later than the first Monday in February every year.  It establishes Executive branch priorities and the general direction of the country.  It sort of gets the ball rolling.  It also does things like identify sources of funds, which is probably why Obama hasn't done this in 4 of the last 5 years.  He doesn't want to say "To pay for X, we're tasking OSHA with issuing $800m in fines this year."  Because that makes it look like he picking on small businesses, etc.

Thanks for the knowledge!