Disconnected Offroad
Mike

The Base Camp

52 minutes ago, kobbs_77 said:

Keep looking.  I picked up a 2014 F350 diesel a few months back for my company for $43K and 40k miles.

In the preview message I assumed you had gotten a tow rig

1 hour ago, kobbs_77 said:

Keep looking.  I picked up a 2014 F350 diesel a few months back for my company for $43K and 40k miles.

Yeah, but it's a Ford :stickpoking:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike said:

One real truck > one hundred imaginary trucks 

• Like 2

Exactly. Ford can't seem to get it together with diesel.

Also, don't ever let someone convince you that a gas truck will make a great tow rig. Pull the same load with a diesel and then make that judgment.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

What's up fellas? Been a busy few weeks since camping. Did score a new set of front seat covers. And the wife's expecting in December. Hope to get a few rides in before than, not just RTC.
32443d107c3a42028901559fad25d7b1.jpg95c06d3237c5b6e0ad1da65bad23058a.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JeepFish said:

What's up fellas? Been a busy few weeks since camping. Did score a new set of front seat covers. And the wife's expecting in December. Hope to get a few rides in before than, not just RTC.

Congratulations! 

What'sup everyone. I've been a little slow going this past week. There's a handful of projects that I want to get done here on the site, but I've been under the weather a bit since Sunday. Unfortunately the baby got something similar. Early Tuesday morning he spiked a high fever over 104° and started vomiting, leading to a worried mom trip to the ER. While there this temp peaked at 104.9° accompanied with a nose bleed, but he was discharged with a possible ear infection and some antibiotics. Yesterday he was still out of it, not eatingor drinking, so we followed up with the pediatrician. Turns out it is a virus, but all should be ok. He's getting back to himself more today. 

Yesterday he found himself a comfortable spot out on the patio.

IMG_46571.jpg

I should be adding some stuff to the online store soon. Also will be posting the first rounds of CPR and First Aid classes. Classes will be starting up in September.

Stay tuned 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, JeepFish said:

Seat covers look nice.  Congrats on the one on the way.  Imagine I added something inappropriate about having sex with your wife, still on the first cup of coffee and it isn't coming to me right now.

• Like 1

Big things happening at the Bascou residents this fall. If you want to work on your jeep in the heat this winter, bring a your work boots.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, HEAVYMETAL said:

Big things happening at the Bascou residents this fall. If you want to work on your jeep in the heat this winter, bring a your work boots. emoji6.png

You sold your Jeep?

5 minutes ago, HEAVYMETAL said:

Fuck no

I thought you're moving

I thought you're moving

I'd love to. The reality of is there's no land for under $300,000 within 30 mins of Philadelphia. Ill probably wait until a few years before retirement to buy property somewhere south. Virginia or Carolinas would be my best bet.

• Like 1

Oh, and PA doesn't let you drive with doors off. That's a big no no for me

Wait... I see a ton of jeeps no doors in PA

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I've never been pulled over for it. I could see if you were getting pulled over for something else and depending on your interaction with the cop it getting tacked on. Luckily there are a few cops in my county with jeeps.

Well, at least I don't feel too bad about the lack of activity on here anymore. I logged onto Jeep Asylum and their was only 1 new post since my last visit - over 5 months ago. 

JKFreaks is dying out too. They just announced that a few Facebook groups are now taking over Freakfest for next year.

Speaking of, only 20 Jeeps for Rock the Clock so far. It might be the last year.

Why do you think this all is?

12 minutes ago, Steve31 said:

Why do you think this all is?

New Jeep owners that used to come to forums to learn how to mod and upgrade their Jeeps themselves, find out where to wheel, and look for people to wheel the pines and Rausch with now go to Facebook to find out what shop to take their Jeep to, what parking lot everyone is parking in this weekend, and where they can get group stickers.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Mike said:

New Jeep owners that used to come to forums to learn how to mod and upgrade their Jeeps themselves, find out where to wheel, and look for people to wheel the pines and Rausch with now go to Facebook to find out what shop to take their Jeep to, what parking lot everyone is parking in this weekend, and where they can get group stickers.

Are less people wheeling too? I feel like I see less people post stuff up about runs and such. 

The JK trend is dying. The same thing happened with the TJ in 2005-06. The new model will bring new blood and a new enthusiastic crowd.

1 hour ago, HEAVYMETAL said:

The JK trend is dying. The same thing happened with the TJ in 2005-06. The new model will bring new blood and a new enthusiastic crowd.

I've noticed. I was even saying among those on here.  Doesn't seem like as many runs. But that might just be me