Disconnected Offroad
Mike

The Base Camp

6,539 posts in this topic

Site upgrade :frantic:

• Like 2

I'm going wheelin tomorrow (Sunday) have to test a few things. If anyone wants to go let me know.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2017 at 1:28 PM, kobbs_77 said:

So, next JKX has a September 9 rally point of Hannibal, MIssouri, which is home to a badass offroad park.  The end point is New Orleans.  Don't know where we'll be going in between.  Going to be a different trip than Alaska.  There we had 15 rigs total.  This will be 30 rigs.  Will be happy to see some folks from the AK trip again.

Had to do some significant repairs on the rig.  All wear and tear from abuse and big boy running gear, but the big mods are Clayton Pro Series 3-link up front and Pro Series rear arms.  The Pro Series have Johnny Joints at both ends on all arms except the rear uppers.  Some might say this will increase vibration over the other arms, which have a bushing on one end.  I would say, I'm running 40's on beadlocks and whatever vibrations there are won't mean a thing.  The other mod is swapping the JRI 2.0 Adjustables for ARB BP-51 units which are 2.5" and adjustable for both rebound and compression.  I just needed to go with a bigger shock and the ability to adjust for both values on the fly without having to take anything apart was very appealing.

One change will be temporary.  It was requested that we run sponsor wheels and tires.  Nitto sending 40's.  KMC is sending Machete beadlocks which will be powdercoated Revolution Gear green.  Once the trip is over, they'll end up on the Globex shop rig.

Should be fun.

Nice.  BTW, I'm running Johnny joints on both ends of all my control arms except the front radius arm. Vibrations aren't bad, but bumps are a bit harsh.

Johnnie joints have lasted 2x as long as any other joint I've run and they're still going strong. 

In other news, cracked 100k today. 

15020381136611444591267.jpg

I want to get a run together, most likely next year at this point, for a trails & rides weekend to do both AOAA and Knobels Amusement Park.

Who would be interested?

• Like 1

I want to get a run together, most likely next year at this point, for a trails & rides weekend to do both AOAA and Knobels Amusement Park.
Who would be interested?
You can wheel at Knobles.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Who would be interested?

2 hours ago, rich6700 said:

2 hours ago, rich6700 said:

Is this a statement?

Is this a statement?
I meant to say, I didn't know you could wheel at knobles.

Who would be interested?

Interested pending all the usual variables
  • Like 1

I would wheel at AOAA. Will have to look up the amusement park.... Might be a win win for me. My family LOVES amusement parks. I might finally get them out with me in my Jeep. BWAHAHAHAHA... It's worth a try.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jeep Momma said:

I would wheel at AOAA. Will have to look up the amusement park.... Might be a win win for me. My family LOVES amusement parks. I might finally get them out with me in my Jeep. BWAHAHAHAHA... It's worth a try.

The best part about Knobels is how old fashioned it is. Free parking and free admission, so you only pay for the rides you go on.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 9:52 PM, Mike said:

AS I sat down in the shade of a venerable and majestic oak tree and partook of the above readings I imagined fording the Mullica in 1772, then reality kicked in and I jumped in @Mike Jeep and crossed the bitch.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jdam said:

AS I sat down in the shade of a venerable and majestic oak tree and partook of the above readings I imagined fording the Mullica in 1772, then reality kicked in and I jumped in @Mike Jeep and crossed the bitch.

There are some who used to act like wheeling there was a badge of honor, yet men, women, and children did it on foot, horse, and in wagon in the 1700's, all while dressed in their Sunday best. 

6 minutes ago, rmm said:

I'm getting a broken link

:hmm: might be a closed Facebook group. 

So, with the site update we're stuck back with this default theme and look. As you can imagine, there's just not that big of a market or demand anymore for people to make custom themes. The site where I got the last few, to put it simply, is ran by a flake. She had some great designs and was really quick changing over updates, but has been pretty much absent over the past 3 years. By the time the themes I like or use come out, the new software is pushed, making them useless. And, of course each version ends up costing another $20 - $40. 

Basically in short, hang in there. I'll get back to a custom look for the site when available and if financially feasible.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mike said:

:hmm: might be a closed Facebook group. 

The whole idea makes sense, but I picture parking as a problem

Well, death wobble is back. :shitfan:

Running out of parts to replace to narrow this down.

In stead of throwing parts at it ask for some help by one of the few people on here with an automotive back ground to help you out. Granted you might have to take a short road trip but it free help.

• Like 1

In two weeks you'll have a garage you're welcome to use.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

10 hours ago, rich6700 said:

In stead of throwing parts at it ask for some help by one of the few people on here with an automotive back ground to help you out. Granted you might have to take a short road trip but it free help.

Sorry, I was tired and frustrated typing. I meant throwing parts I was referring to my stablizer clamp that keeps stripping out.

I borrowed a torque wrench today, a lot better than the antique one I had been using, and found out my axle side track bar bolt was way under torqued. Also re-tapped my Synergy stabilizer clamp, but it's not holding tight anymore. Poor thing has taken too much trauma.

7 hours ago, HEAVYMETAL said:

In two weeks you'll have a garage you're welcome to use.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yes, definitely still interested in the sway bar

• Like 1