Disconnected Offroad
Mike

The Base Camp

I have a sway bar also Mike, I tripped over it in my shed the other day

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Mike said:

Sorry, I was tired and frustrated typing. I meant throwing parts I was referring to my stablizer clamp that keeps stripping out.

I borrowed a torque wrench today, a lot better than the antique one I had been using, and found out my axle side track bar bolt was way under torqued. Also re-tapped my Synergy stabilizer clamp, but it's not holding tight anymore. Poor thing has taken too much trauma.

The CMM clamp is gigantic and I've never had an an issue with it.  I don't know why they don't show it side-by-side with a Synergy clamp, but it's not even in the sport, let alone the same league.

42 minutes ago, kobbs_77 said:

The CMM clamp is gigantic and I've never had an an issue with it.  I don't know why they don't show it side-by-side with a Synergy clamp, but it's not even in the sport, let alone the same league.

I think I have the cmm clamp in my shed right now, and I'll be in brigantine next weekend @Mike

3 hours ago, rmm said:

I think I have the cmm clamp in my shed right now, and I'll be in brigantine next weekend @Mike

Thanks! But I already ordered, getting delivered tomorrow. 

7 minutes ago, funjester said:

emoji112.png

www.FUNJESTER.com

I know you! 😘

• Like 1

On 8/8/2017 at 8:50 PM, Mike said:

So, with the site update we're stuck back with this default theme and look. As you can imagine, there's just not that big of a market or demand anymore for people to make custom themes. The site where I got the last few, to put it simply, is ran by a flake. She had some great designs and was really quick changing over updates, but has been pretty much absent over the past 3 years. By the time the themes I like or use come out, the new software is pushed, making them useless. And, of course each version ends up costing another $20 - $40. 

Basically in short, hang in there. I'll get back to a custom look for the site when available and if financially feasible.  

I think there's an inherent flaw with the board software if all the themes need to be redesigned and reinstalled for each update.  

6 hours ago, Bump said:

I think there's an inherent flaw with the board software if all the themes need to be redesigned and reinstalled for each update.  

It's only the big updates that effect the themes. We just went from v4.1 to v4.2 which had major functionality changes. V4.1 went up to v4.1.14 before they made the moved. We went from v3 to v4 just after this site started. (I imagine the UG is still on v3)

I've used this software since v1 about 15 years ago. Currently using v4.2.2. Most early versions you had to actually edit code lines to make modifications, plugging in hex codes to change colors, etc. By v2 you had a built in installer for plugins and a theme installer, but you actually need to know the back end coding to make the themes and mods. Now with the current version, everything has been made to self-install, very novice user friendly. The only downfall is it takes a little longer for the editors to dig in to find what needs to change from version to version. And, with the decline of forums, there's not much push for new. The old themes will still work, but are a little buggy. 

Topless, Mid-Atlantic Overland, and 36 Hours of Uwharrie all going on this weekend and I'm stuck at home. 

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Topless, Mid-Atlantic Overland, and 36 Hours of Uwharrie all going on this weekend and I'm stuck at home. 

I'm dropping off my navigator at college.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm dropping off my navigator at college.
Wait. Jack is going to college now? Didn't he just start high school? What happened to the little 13 year old kid who used to swear around the camp fire?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HEAVYMETAL said:

Wait. Jack is going to college now? Didn't he just start high school? What happened to the little 13 year old kid who used to swear around the camp fire?

Martin is selling him off to the Amish.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, HEAVYMETAL said:

I'm still proud to say I was the first one to say "out."

Wheren't you banned before the vote?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/12/2017 at 5:53 AM, HEAVYMETAL said:

I kept feeding him.  He's taller than I am, and will be learning cabinetry for the next 2 years at Thaddeus Stevens in Lancaster.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

I kept feeding him.  He's taller than I am, and will be learning cabinetry for the next 2 years at Thaddeus Stevens in Lancaster.

Jack's life for the next 2 years

• Like 2

I don't think it's been posted here yet, but the annual Wheeler's for the Wounded event will take place Saturday, August 26th.  Driver registration is open until August 18th, so please act fast if you're interested.  Please visit http://wheelersforthewoundednj.org/wftwnj-2017-trail-ride-registration/ to register.  

Note: This year there is a $10.00 refundable registration fee to hold your spot.  The full $10 will be refunded when you arrive on-site.  This fee was instituted to discourage people from registering then not showing-up, as this results in wasted money and effort on food, beverages, and other items.

For new members, WFTW is a charitable organization that puts on annual trail rides for wounded and other veterans across the USA.  In response to past criticism by some, WFTW NJ is now a registered 501(c)3 charitable organization.  The NJ WFTW event is held on private land in Sussex County.  Volunteer Jeep owners and their vehicles are needed to drive veterans and their families during this event.  Between 15 and 40 veterans attend each year, depending on scheduling with a local VA hospital, and have a great day being driven on the trails and enjoying a picnic-style lunch.

There are two trail loops, which in past years were labeled Easy and Harder.  In reality, both trails are about the same difficulty, with tight woods trails, hill climbs and descents, off-camber sections and moderate-size rocks.  The trails are somewhat challenging due to tight tree placement, so you need to pay attention to avoid body damage.  Recent rains have loosened-up the terrain a bit to make things a bit more challenging than in past years.  Still, a stock Jeep Wrangler with all terrain tires should make it through if you pay attention to your spotter.  Stock Liberties, Grand Cherokees and other vehicles have made it through the trails in the past, but it's not recommended this year due to trail conditions.  However, a somewhat modified Liberty, Grand or Cherokee (with larger all-terrain or mud-terrain tires and a little lift) should do fine. Each loop takes 60-90 minutes to complete.  Depending on time and attendance, you may be able to go out twice.  As in past years, I will be leading one of the groups.

Coffee, bagels, donuts will be available in the morning and lunch will be served after the trail rides.  There's a great raffle that follows lunch.  This has always been a very fun event for our veterans and volunteers alike.  

Vehicle Requirements:

• 4WD required (no AWD vehicles this year, sorry)
  • Seat belts or harnesses for all occupants
  • Available front seat for a veteran in each Jeep, additional open seats welcome
  • All tools, coolers, spare parts or other hard items carried in the Jeep must be strapped-down
  • Front and rear recovery points (hooks or shackle mounts; a ball hitch is NOT a recovery point)
  • Vehicle must be insured and pass a safety inspection (battery tied-down, no major leaks, recovery points)
  • Recommended:
    • Minimum 31" all-terrain tire, at least 9" of ground clearance
    • Full-size spare, jack and lug wrench
    • Recovery strap
    • GMRS radio (may have loaners on-hand)
    • Small cooler for water and snacks
    • First-aid kit and securely-mounted fire-extinguisher

In addition to drivers, WFTW is looking for volunteers to help cook and serve lunch and take turns helping with merchandise, raffle and 50/50 sales.

Disconnected Offroad has always had good representation at WFTW.  I hope to see a lot of you at the event again this year.

• Like 1

WFTW is a great event and I highly recommend going.  

This year I'll be out of town unfortunately.  

I skipped last year because the year before no vets showed.  Sounds like they figured out the problem with the $10 deposit.