Disconnected Offroad
Mike

The Base Camp

Down in ocmd, walked around the expo for a little while today.
656635557415c3aa4a346cd3634ae03f.jpgbded102d7c01d6fdc06dd1d944990722.jpgb16c75310289836270c81eed014d5dc1.jpg07d6d3626dc3fbf4c24f1ba601dbd235.jpg

Mostly jk's and a lot of show queens. Woulda taken me a month to get mine that clean! The truck is Kenny Hauk's, it was pretty sweet.

• Like 2

I'd position the miniguns differently on Jeep #2.  They'll catch tree limbs all day.  Now don't go saying you can shoot the tree limbs so they won't rip the gun mounts off because there are A LOT - and I'll tell you again - A LOT of trees in a forest.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MJHomebrew said:

Riiiiiiiick! I have the 3.8 I believe. It's an 09. When I bought it, it was the basest model possible. Surpassed only by Perry's lack of a/c. So I assume it has 3.21's also.

I have steel bumpers, skids, and rock rails, so there's somw extra weight there, but I rarely have my rear seat in, and don't run a spare right now. That may change too though.

I don't think this thing has been really off road in several years. emoji53.png. That being said, street comfort is important for the malls and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The below chart seems to lean towards 4.56 or 4.88, the latter if you take it offroad.  So, I guess the question is existential:  Will you ever bring her out to the woods again???  Will you ever consider 37's?  Either way it'll feel like you put a blower on her coming off of 3.21's.

attachment.php?attachmentid=62058&stc=1&

Edited by kobbs_77
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, HEAVYMETAL said:

Soooo close I can taste it. Can't wait to pour the floor. a76d7e03173db79af88dabaa7cefd12c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

What kind of steps do you have on the Dodge? 

Dude that looks like a fuckin barn! What're the measurements?
30x40x12. I used a 2/12 scissor truss so the interior peak is 14' 2".

On 8/23/2017 at 1:11 AM, Mike said:

Holy shit that was a lot of rain. I was headlight deep on the White Horse Pike. 

Yeah.  I had to visit someone in the hospital and didn't take the soft top with me.  Fortunately the front roof section of the ORH top stays connected to the windshield frame (it just rolls-up) so I stayed fairly dry.  Back seat and cargo area were flooded.

2 hours ago, HEAVYMETAL said:

30x40x12. I used a 2/12 scissor truss so the interior peak is 14' 2".

Freaking amazing how fast that went up.

You going to pour concrete?  If not, how are you going to secure a lift.

Freaking amazing how fast that went up.
You going to pour concrete?  If not, how are you going to secure a lift.
There will be concrete. I've wrenched on the stones too long. As a matter of fact the floor is going to be heated. Yup. Radiant floor heat.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, HEAVYMETAL said:

There will be concrete. I've wrenched on the stones too long. As a matter of fact the floor is going to be heated. Yup. Radiant floor heat.

Oh yeah, I remember you talking about that before.  Should I make my Winter month reservations now? :D

• Like 2

@Bump Looks like I'll be getting the Jeep back tonight just in time for tomorrow.  Any way we can make sure we're in the same group?  I'll bring a race radio....

@kobbs_77, should be no problem, even if we have to adjust on the fly.  I'm heading up there in a few hours and will look at the roster.  Did you get your confirmation email yesterday?

Who else is coming so I can make all the changes at once?

Edited by Bump

39 minutes ago, Bump said:

@kobbs_77, should be no problem, even if we have to adjust on the fly.  I'm heading up there in a few hours and will look at the roster.  Did you get your confirmation email yesterday?

Who else is coming so I can make all the changes at once?

I did get my confirmation email so I'm good to go.  I won't have the shiny green wheels though.  I know, big letdown.

It looks like a 2 hour drive.  I'll leave here at 5AM.

Edited by kobbs_77

20 hours ago, HEAVYMETAL said:

Soooo close I can taste it. Can't wait to pour the floor. a76d7e03173db79af88dabaa7cefd12c.jpg

I need this so bad. How thick of a floor are you going to pour? This is about a perfect size. I'd need a 14' door in the end so I could back my boat in when I wanted to work on it in the AC or Heat. LOL

• Like 2

I need this so bad. How thick of a floor are you going to pour? This is about a perfect size. I'd need a 14' door in the end so I could back my boat in when I wanted to work on it in the AC or Heat. LOL

5.5 to 6"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kobbs_77 said:

I did get my confirmation email so I'm good to go.  I won't have the shiny green wheels though.  I know, big letdown.

It looks like a 2 hour drive.  I'll leave here at 5AM.

@Bump I'm out.  Rare Parts TRE's, tie rod, drag link setup not working out as planned.  Just got the call.  Fuckity fuck.

30 minutes ago, kobbs_77 said:

@Bump I'm out.  Rare Parts TRE's, tie rod, drag link setup not working out as planned.  Just got the call.  Fuckity fuck.

Want to borrow mine? 

14 minutes ago, rmm said:

Want to borrow mine? 

I appreciate the offer, but that's a lot of road miles on those flashy new stickies, then I'm going to the Giants game afterwards.

10 minutes ago, kobbs_77 said:

I appreciate the offer, but that's a lot of road miles on those flashy new stickies, then I'm going to the Giants game afterwards.

Ah yeah, you'd need to trailer it.  No inspection at this point. The only road miles it sees are trips to the local ice cream place

Edit - I use Chevy offset one ton TREs on me steering. You're welcome to my setup too if that would work 

I have a friend with 2 pole barns, one with radiant floor heat and the other with just a gas heater. He said the radiant floor heat sucks heating the garage. He said the floor is warm but everything in the garage is cold. The one with just the gas heater works much better.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

For a radiant heat floor to be most effective, you need to have ceiling fans pushing air back down from the ceiling.  That being said, I'll gladly lie on my back on a warm floor over a cold slab for at least half of the year.

• Like 1