Disconnected Offroad
Mike

The Base Camp

On 9/19/2017 at 8:12 PM, kobbs_77 said:

Are you trying to hurt @Phoenix's feelings on purpose?

@Phoenix has given up on #overlanding and has gone full spoon.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, kobbs_77 said:

I thought I posted this but apparently the link doesn't embed a photo.  It was thisclose, but as you can see, it wouldn't have had far to flop.

Jeep Off Camber.JPG

You do realize that we've all seen this 100 times already all over social media, right? :lol:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mike said:

You do realize that we've all seen this 100 times already all over social media, right? :lol:

You do realize that Disconnected Offroad might benefit from, you know, a picture or two of one of it's members wheeling, being a Jeep/ORV Not-A-Club and all. :slapface:

Edited by kobbs_77
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, kobbs_77 said:

You do realize that Disconnected Offroad might benefit from, you know, a picture or two of one of it's members wheeling, being a Jeep/ORV Not-A-Club and all. :slapface:

I know, I've already shared it.:stickpoking:

Well fark me!!! No idea when or how This happened. Been chasing the dreaded intermittent start problem (battery’s good, starter is new, alternator is good) crawled under to check the grounds

366b19a2230fe3cf298cbad8457fdb5f.jpg

66df5073ed8f57c86e20af584fa29bb6.jpg

2 hours ago, Trunk Monkey said:

Well fark me!!! No idea when or how This happened. Been chasing the dreaded intermittent start problem (battery’s good, starter is new, alternator is good) crawled under to check the grounds

Is that the e-locker harness?

3 hours ago, Mike said:

I know, I've already shared it.:stickpoking:

But not here?  Should this not be the repository of content?

Apparently, my Jeep is famous in small circles.  At our last wheeling stop in Louisiana the guy who owned the park walked up to me and was like "Your rig is supercharged with PR60/80, right?"  You can see the axles, but the engine was off when he got there.  I asked him how he guess it had a blower.  He said he saw it last years Alaska videos and then again on the updates for this trip.  Creepy.

Edited by kobbs_77
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, kobbs_77 said:

But not here?  Should this not be the repository of content?

Apparently, my Jeep is famous in small circles.  At our last wheeling stop in Louisiana the guy who owned the park walked up to me and was like "Your rig is supercharged with PR60/80, right?"  You can see the axles, but the engine was off when he got there.  I asked him how he guess it had a blower.  He said he saw it last years Alaska videos and then again on the updates for this trip.  Creepy.

Well, I don't want to rob you of your own story of course 

Is that the e-locker harness?

Yessir, I’m thinking something got in there and ate it. No other damage around it? I pulled off the tape and insulation, I’ll wire it to the SPOD tomorrow. Need to read up on whether the polarity of the actuator/plunger matters as neither of the two wires are marked. Quick google reading seems to think polarity doesn’t matter.

56 minutes ago, Trunk Monkey said:

Yessir, I’m thinking something got in there and ate it. No other damage around it? I pulled off the tape and insulation, I’ll wire it to the SPOD tomorrow. Need to read up on whether the polarity of the actuator/plunger matters as neither of the two wires are marked. Quick google reading seems to think polarity doesn’t matter.

I recall you being right on the polarity question, but it's been a while.  Yeah, that's a hard place to sustain trail damage.  Fuckin' squirrels.

I recall you being right on the polarity question, but it's been a while.  Yeah, that's a hard place to sustain trail damage.  Fuckin' squirrels.

Yeah everything around it is fine, other end of the harness is still intact and attached to the axle, it wasn’t pulled off or anything, hell even the breather is still attached. I had problems with the patrol car a few months back and the twp mechanic said a harness under the hood was chewed up. I guess they don’t like Fords though, my truck hasn’t been hit yet.

So close to getting chrome spray paint for my cage. Bitched out and got gloss black instead 

Thank you [mention=16]funjester[/mention] finally got these on.  Getting the sticker removing wheel was very worth it 
IMG_20170923_155618_086.thumb.jpg.a981962e2e17c00c6a6c1b691ca10147.jpg

They look awesome.

www.FUNJESTER.com

On 9/22/2017 at 11:17 AM, Trunk Monkey said:

366b19a2230fe3cf298cbad8457fdb5f.jpg

66df5073ed8f57c86e20af584fa29bb6.jpg

On 9/22/2017 at 4:31 PM, Trunk Monkey said:

FYI - That is just the indicator plunger the actual 12v for the locker is the plug on the top of the diff. Your locker will still work fine the light will just blink as it will never indicate that it is locked.

If you can splice in new wire that would be the easiest thing. To replace the whole plunger you have to slide the carrier out in order to get the plunger in the correct position. 

There's just not enough hours in the day. So much to do and so little time. We're on schedule to pour the floor on Oct 7th at this rate. I need a nap. e48fb885533d9ab385b1478ec1f78b5d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Rick can you sign this month's edition of jp magazine, since your a celebrity now.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rich6700 said:

Rick can you sign this month's edition of jp magazine, since your a celebrity now.

If by celebrity you mean being tangentally known by a bunch of overgrown kindergarteners with life size Tonka trucks, then sure.

• Like 4

dd4f7d1b55a5968076f0c8f7b5f7ac4a.jpg

Actually getting paid to be an asshole today. Faceshots all day

• Like 3

dd4f7d1b55a5968076f0c8f7b5f7ac4a.jpg

Actually getting paid to be an asshole today. Faceshots all day
So an easy day.

So an easy day.

FUCKING HOT DAY, and getting taken out of the drivers seat during felony Car stop drills for hours gets old quick.
  • Like 1

Howdy Discos,

I don't Facebook, but my wife sent me a link to a jeep event. Tractor Supply in Hammonton on 206 is hosting Jeeps and Java, a monthly gathering on a Sunday morning. I don't know much about it but I thought I'd pass along info.

Perry, that garage is going to be frigging amazing. I can't wait to see the finished pics.
d62a1c0940745334c67706acd80a28f5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What did you do, finance it for 10 years.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

On 9/19/2017 at 8:10 PM, HEAVYMETAL said:

I don't need cargo space. As long as I have enough room for a few tools and lunch I'm gold. I don't plan on overlanding.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

To each their own.  I'm not going for big rocks

• Like 2

On 9/21/2017 at 10:56 PM, Mike said:

@Phoenix has given up on #overlanding and has gone full spoon.

I can spoon anywhere.  Smaller toolkit than what I need for the Jeep.  And I get to play with sharp steel just about everyday.

• Like 2