Jump to content
Disconnected Offroad
Mike

The Base Camp

6,545 posts in this topic

 
8 hours ago, JeepFish said:

Anyone see quadratec's YouTube vid about the owners manual from the JL?

I saw the video pop up on YouTube but haven't watched it yet. 

I'm kind of at a care / don't care point with the JL. They've done a good job of getting teasers out there, but at this point just relase the damn thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
9 hours ago, Mike said:

I saw the video pop up on YouTube but haven't watched it yet. 

I'm kind of at a care / don't care point with the JL. They've done a good job of getting teasers out there, but at this point just relase the damn thing.

Apparently one of the delays has to do with the electric steering.  Early versions overheated almost instantly when they went off pavement and the computer shut the engine down.  Apparently that's what went down at EJS in 2016 when we were there.  FCA shut down Pop's Garage and didn't let anyone in.  Not a good look for a Wrangler and really not good if you're looking to run larger than stock tires.  This is according to Tom the guy who owns PSC.  Even he has had limited access to the test JL's and I'm not sure he has it all worked out yet for aftermarket hydro, though he has some ideas.  He had a nice JK, Teraflex all around including their big boy axles and a V8.

Edited by kobbs_77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 

A little over a month ago I was involved in another accident and sadly, the Jeep didn't make it. I've been pretty bummed out ever since and haven't really wanted to post about it. A couple weeks ago I picked up a Nissan Maxima, which is very nice, but I would have preferred another Jeep or a Chevy Colorado, neither of which was in the cards right now. 

The bright spot is I held a few bucks aside from my settlement to buy an old Jeep. I'd really prefer a CJ because I have the garage space and a daily driver, but a TJ might be more practical for snow driving and I wouldn't need to make any modifications before my son could ride in it. Either way, the Jeep itch is starting to get to me. I need to get moving on selling some parts to add to the Jeep fund. I'll get my hard top and wheels and tires cleaned up this weekend. They'll be posted up here first to see if anyone is interested before they go on Craigslist. 

I'm not done Jeeping yet, just starting a new phase in my Jeep adventure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

@SidSpider That's terrible, bro.  I hope the jeep was the only casualty and that you're okay and didn't have anyone else in the car.  I see lots of TJ's on the road by us, but they're all in pretty rough shape.  So much salt and road brining around here. 

Where was the accident? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
8 hours ago, kobbs_77 said:

@SidSpider That's terrible, bro.  I hope the jeep was the only casualty and that you're okay and didn't have anyone else in the car.  I see lots of TJ's on the road by us, but they're all in pretty rough shape.  So much salt and road brining around here. 

Where was the accident? 

Thanks man, it was up in Hasbrouck Heights where 17S meets 80. 

I've had my eye out and there have been a few promising ads out there. Once I've unload some of these parts I'll go on some test drives. 

7 hours ago, Mike said:

Hope you're ok Ted 

Thanks, I'm fine, just Jeepless. At least my new car is white, it hides the jizz. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Glad to hear you're ok Ted. Should come out to RTC without a jeep, Wardy style

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
4 hours ago, SidSpider said:

Thanks man, it was up in Hasbrouck Heights where 17S meets 80. 

I've had my eye out and there have been a few promising ads out there. Once I've unload some of these parts I'll go on some test drives. 

Thanks, I'm fine, just Jeepless. At least my new car is white, it hides the jizz. 

I was just up there yesterday on 17 just off of 80 meeting a potential client in Hasbrouck Heights.  As I was surveying the traffic, I was say to myself, how does anyone live up there.

Edited by kobbs_77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
4 minutes ago, kobbs_77 said:

I was just up there yesterday meeting a potential client in Hasbrouck Heights.  As I was surveying the traffic, I was say to myself, how does anyone live up there.

Making the commute from North to Central every day has been interesting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Wont be up at rausch this weekend but if anyone would like my jeep is at a to z fab you can take a ride out there and take a look lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
55 minutes ago, NWKNJ said:

Wont be up at rausch this weekend but if anyone would like my jeep is at a to z fab you can take a ride out there and take a look lol

What are you having done? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On 10/19/2017 at 7:15 PM, SidSpider said:

A little over a month ago I was involved in another accident and sadly, the Jeep didn't make it. I've been pretty bummed out ever since and haven't really wanted to post about it. A couple weeks ago I picked up a Nissan Maxima, which is very nice, but I would have preferred another Jeep or a Chevy Colorado, neither of which was in the cards right now. 

The bright spot is I held a few bucks aside from my settlement to buy an old Jeep. I'd really prefer a CJ because I have the garage space and a daily driver, but a TJ might be more practical for snow driving and I wouldn't need to make any modifications before my son could ride in it. Either way, the Jeep itch is starting to get to me. I need to get moving on selling some parts to add to the Jeep fund. I'll get my hard top and wheels and tires cleaned up this weekend. They'll be posted up here first to see if anyone is interested before they go on Craigslist. 

I'm not done Jeeping yet, just starting a new phase in my Jeep adventure. 

Ted, glad you're ok. Sorry about the jeep. Congrats on the new ride and good luck on the search for another jeep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 3:49 PM, rmm said:

What are you having done? 

Redoing suspension & cage. So the update is it should be all ready, I'm in for Friday and Saturday AS OF NOW and I'm down for what ever kinda wheeling anyone wants to do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
16 hours ago, NWKNJ said:

Redoing suspension & cage. So the update is it should be all ready, I'm in for Friday and Saturday AS OF NOW and I'm down for what ever kinda wheeling anyone wants to do.

You're in my group Sat. Friday I'm leading some super noobs around the Greens.  You're welcome to run drag, but you should probably get after it a little to work the bugs out.  If you don't already have a GMRS radio, order one up for Sat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Yea this is a good idea. That works for me thanks rick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On 10/19/2017 at 7:15 PM, SidSpider said:

A little over a month ago I was involved in another accident and sadly, the Jeep didn't make it.

Damn Ted! So sorry to hear this. Back in the day, you had someone break into your jeep, then you had the turnpike accident, now this. Def had some good memories of installing the trektop and storing your hard top before you got a place. I still have the hard top dolly you hooked me up with. You've def had some jeep challenges but hopefully this is it. Stay on the forum and keep us posted bro!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Posting this here as this thread gets the most views and traffic. Hopefully people see it sooner.

I hate to have to do this, but I am out for this weekend and will not be attending Rock the Clock. My wife and I have had some complications with the pregnancy yesterday. I'd rather not get into details over the internet, but all are OK for now. 

I have spoke with @kobbs_77 and he will be helping me out by getting everyone grouped together Saturday morning for RTC.

If anyone can help me out by picking up the giveaways and raffle items to bring up, please let me know. I have a hitch rack and a cargo box that you can use to haul everything. If not, I might also just do the raffle online and mail out the prizes to keep everything simple. There's really not that much this year, almost all gift certificates. 

And, if anyone can take over my group as a Trail Guide, it will be much appreciated.

I also need someone to take over my group for the WMMR run on Friday. It doesn't matter if you aren't signed up for the event, I will get you taken care of. It is a Green/Blue group so should be fairly easy to do.

Again, if anyone can help me out in any way, please let me know. I wanted to reach out here 1st before asking others. Please let me know by tonight what you are able to help with.

Thanks again, and sorry if this messes up anyone's plans this weekend.

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Very sorry to hear, hope all is well.  We had a couple of complications with our second and it was very scary 

You're down by Philly right?  I could bring up the giveaways in the Dodge, but I'm not sure how to get them 

If I can get someone to tail gun, I'm happy to lead that group for you. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×