Disconnected Offroad
Mike

The Base Camp

21 hours ago, jdam said:

Hey,

miss you miscreants...

Jdam was just thinking of you. Hope all is well.

Walked around the dealer lot while I was having a recall taken care of. Cheapest unlimited on the lot was stickered at $37! Dunno what they’re actually going for but that’s insane.

13 hours ago, JeepFish said:

Walked around the dealer lot while I was having a recall taken care of. Cheapest unlimited on the lot was stickered at $37! Dunno what they’re actually going for but that’s insane.

Especially since the JL is around the corner...BUT, if you're not a Jeep person, you'd probably have no idea. When I bought mine it was summer of 2011 and they were like, the 3.6 has smaller displacement than the 3.8 and more displacement = more power.  I actually laughed out loud at the guy and looked at him and he said "Sorry about that.":

The big question is, who will be the first JL / JLU we bring through Rausch? 

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 10:07 PM, Bump said:

There's a Outcast/Trailseeker's event at AOAA next weekend, but it's blacks and reds only, and the AOAA blacks are serious blacks and I think the groups are closed now.  I'm supposed to go but my rear locker isn't engaging and that won't be fixed in time. 

NJJC is supposed to have a trail ride at RC the weekend of Thanksgiving.  If other members sign-up I might go to that and I can bring non-member guests.  Or we could just go up ourselves.  My rear locker probably won't be fixed by then, either.  But I can get around most RC trails up to reds with no rear locker.

I'm always up for wheeling new locations.  Right now, Thansgiving weekend looks best for me.

Hey bump im going to try to head up there that Friday/Saturday if you wanna wheel.

Just a fun fact for future reference, if you forget to change your flashpaq back to stock, you're Jeep will still pass NJ inspection. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HEAVYMETAL said:

@bigtom is coming by in the AM for some maintenance. Anyone else want to hang out?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I get to sit in an 8 hour class tomorrow 

Decisions decisions...
Got an offer from dealer for 11k more than I owe on the jeep. Have 98k miles on it too. Curious what I can get them down to knowing the JL’s will be out.

3 hours ago, JeepFish said:

Decisions decisions...
Got an offer from dealer for 11k more than I owe on the jeep. Have 98k miles on it too. Curious what I can get them down to knowing the JL’s will be out.

With 98k miles, that sounds like a pretty compelling deal

Well first things first, snorkel time! I kid

No idea, not sure if I want to go too far down the rabbit hole. I really haven’t been to Rausch in what feels like an eternity and this will be more than sufficient for trail rides. Time will tell

• Like 1

Well first things first, snorkel time! I kid

No idea, not sure if I want to go too far down the rabbit hole. I really haven’t been to Rausch in what feels like an eternity and this will be more than sufficient for trail rides. Time will tell

Sounds like a budget boost and 35s will fit the need plenty.

That's the plan when my wife picks out her JL.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk