Disconnected Offroad
Mike

The Base Camp

3 hours ago, JeepFish said:

Well first things first, snorkel time! I kid

No idea, not sure if I want to go too far down the rabbit hole. I really haven’t been to Rausch in what feels like an eternity and this will be more than sufficient for trail rides. Time will tell

Congrats.  You don't need to do much/anything to that.  BB and 35's at best.  You should take a hard look at that font axle.  I'm told that FCA is putting some extra beefy 44's into some trim levels, but I don't know details.  I think Dana is making something like the PR44.

It looks like today is the day for new Jeeps. I went in the other direction, '86 CJ7. She needs some love, but she's solid and runs great.
654302d457497a280a769d9bb312be02.jpge4eb696da7af4032aa744c259ca02359.jpg

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, JeepFish said:

That’s awesome!

You too man! That's a sweet Recon. I test drove a 2014 Rubicon X and it was badass. I'll never make fun on leather seats again, It's like sitting on a fluffy black cloud. 

On 11/19/2017 at 1:39 PM, JeepFish said:

bcf77153d09be1b72ec82e9156bd774e.jpg

Little upgrade

Nice, looks good, keep it simple, mild upgrades will get you where you want to go.

On 11/19/2017 at 6:49 PM, SidSpider said:

It looks like today is the day for new Jeeps. I went in the other direction, '86 CJ7. She needs some love, but she's solid and runs great.
654302d457497a280a769d9bb312be02.jpge4eb696da7af4032aa744c259ca02359.jpg

Looking good, I've been wanting an old cj to play with. Have fun with it.

So who’s looking for what on Black Friday? I need some skids, maybe a rear bumper, really wish I could find a deal on the Interco BirdDog rims. ACE and Northridge will probably get most of my money. Anyone else see anything good out there?

• Like 1

So who’s looking for what on Black Friday? I need some skids, maybe a rear bumper, really wish I could find a deal on the Interco BirdDog rims. ACE and Northridge will probably get most of my money. Anyone else see anything good out there?
Some of my suppliers are having some sweet deals.

www.FUNJESTER.com

22 hours ago, Trunk Monkey said:

Rock hard announced 1/4" skids

Just purchased a new project car. Will reveal when mods are completed.  I will say that it's a manual tranny 4WD vehicle.

Just purchased a new project car. Will reveal when mods are completed.  I will say that it's a manual tranny 4WD vehicle.

b0a820855d060eefa720b0fdab35d5e9.jpg

54 minutes ago, kobbs_77 said:

I'm just curious whose ultra4 car you bought

Lod nerf bars came in, can't get them out of the box. Lol53c09c7f5885afc329a6b4c8c56079d8.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

They used about 500 board feet of spray foam to ship them

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

19 hours ago, SidSpider said:

b0a820855d060eefa720b0fdab35d5e9.jpg

Oooo, now that would be something.  Interesting tidbit about the LM002.  In 4WD, the front wheels spin 1% faster than the rear wheels for additional directional control.  In other words, they seemed to have  oil sheiks playing on sand dunes in mind.  Also, the reason for the rear open bed was to mount a .50 cal in military livery.

19 hours ago, rmm said:

I'm just curious whose ultra4 car you bought

Negative.  I needed a daily driver.  Putting too many miles on the Jeep and Jag.  I love them both which is why I'm gonna let this new vehicle take the salted roads.  In all seriousness, I'm so in love with the XKR, I don't know how much better a vehicle I'd ever want.  That might change, but mid-term, I want to keep it out of the salt.  This project is gonna be a fun toss around car.

Edited by kobbs_77

On 11/23/2017 at 9:11 AM, kobbs_77 said:

.Negative.  I needed a daily driver.  Putting too many miles on the Jeep and Jag.  I love them both which is why I'm gonna let this new vehicle take the salted roads.  In all seriousness, I'm so in love with the XKR, I don't know how much better a vehicle I'd ever want.  That might change, but mid-term, I want to keep it out of the salt.  This project is gonna be a fun toss around car.

Well, that's substantially less fun