Disconnected Offroad
Mike

The Base Camp

On 5/11/2018 at 10:34 PM, Mike said:

Looks nice. And sounds like you could use a camping trip. 

Desperately want a local camping trip before it gets too hot out.

hey all

• Like 1

Anyone going to the Overland weekend up at AOAA this weekend?

I was going to go just to post "Have you seen" fliers of Martin.

2 hours ago, Bump said:

I was going to go just to post "Have you seen" fliers of Martin.

He's abandoned the overland life and gone full wooden bowls and spoons.

• Like 2

Anyone going to the Overland weekend up at AOAA this weekend?
I have training on Friday and Saturday

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

On 5/19/2018 at 12:45 AM, rich6700 said:

I have training on Friday and Saturday

Your wife finally get you to the "how to be a husband that remembers your anniversary" class?

Na, fire company bought a new ladder truck gotta figure out how it works. It's all computer operated.

Your wife finally get you to the "how to be a husband that remembers your anniversary" class?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, funjester said:

Hey all..0b301ec5d3733044e32f049c7650f6e7.jpg

www.FUNJESTER.com

What's up?

Anyone have a newer soft top for a 4 door they want to sell?  The one I have from the ‘07 is a little whooped. 

Anyone have a newer soft top for a 4 door they want to sell?  The one I have from the ‘07 is a little whooped. 
I need a 2dr one myself..

www.FUNJESTER.com

I am really starting to despise Facebook and their algorithms. Basically there is zero control over who sees your content anymore (as far as Pages) and you are flat out handcuffed to reaching a new audience, or even your existing audience unless you are willing to pay to "Boost". Every 3rd item on my newsfeed is now a request to boost a post from one of my pages, even posts that are no longer relevant like an event that happened a month prior. 

Just to give an example of how bad they censor, the DOR Facebook page has about 900 followers. A generic post I make will only get shown to about 115 to 225 of those people. That's only if it's fully done on Facebook (photo, posts, not links, etc). But. If I link to something outside of Facebook, like to content here on this site, it gets shown to only 15 to 20 people, followed by non-stop requests to boost. I'll get messages that I can reach up to 700 people if I pay $x.xx. In other words, I can't even reach my entire "following" audience even if I pay for it. 

• Like 1

On 5/24/2018 at 6:32 PM, WARDY said:

Hey Walt-

I used this guy http://a.co/3sbCxRL

It's $392 on amazon with their current 10% coupon and it's a great top.  You have to use your existing soft top windshield header and with a screw gun it takes maybe an hour to take it apart, remove the old top and insert the new top into the header.  You need the stock tailgate bar too.  You'll have a slant back top after that but I like the look,  You do lose some storage with a slant back, however.  But, when you take out the back windows you have a bikini top and it looks great.  It's pretty much the cheapest option out there for new material.  My stock soft top was making so many squeaking noises I thought it was the Jeep itself.  Because there are no bows on this top, it's squeak-free.

I liked it enough to leave an amazon review.  It's the first review that shows.

Edited by kobbs_77
  • Like 1

Thanks Rick but I need the space without the slant back. 

So there I am sitting at crabby jacks minding my own business and this older couple sitting next to me made a comment on my donut cover not knowing it was mine.  So we get talking they were from middlesex and they mention they had a couple of jeeps tj’s a while ago and missed going  wheelin. They had gone on a run with a bunch of jeeps and had a great time and everyone was so nice. Then she says I wonder how that little girl Josie ever made out with her battle. 

Small world. I’m going through old pics to see if I pictures of them 

• Like 3

Project Rallyman

Intended purpose:  Raindrop Rally, Alcan 5000

Phase1 - Suspension-Wheels-Tires (Complete)

FYI: It sits level, but I have 4 stock tires in the rear.

IMG_20180614_113322120_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180614_113328503_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180614_113347179_HDR.jpg

Edited by kobbs_77
  • Like 3

That mini is yours?  Saw nadels post yesterday.  Looks like fun. 

49 minutes ago, rmm said:

That mini is yours?  Saw nadels post yesterday.  Looks like fun. 

Yah, that was the project I was talking about 6 months ago.  I was waiting on Bilstein shocks which were ordered in November.  They still haven't left Germany, so I said fuck it, we'll go without them.  Drives great.  Power is still there and that's a stock engine.  I have new pads and rotors and I'm bedding them in gently so I don't know stopping power yet.  Speedo is 5MPH off. There are some vibrations that the lift kit manufacturer says happen in the beginning as the driveline splines find their new homes.  Wish she was like this over the winter.  I blame the Germans.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kobbs_77 said:

Yah, that was the project I was talking about 6 months ago.  I was waiting on Bilstein shocks which were ordered in November.  They still haven't left Germany, so I said fuck it, we'll go without them.  Drives great.  Power is still there and that's a stock engine.  I have new pads and rotors and I'm bedding them in gently so I don't know stopping power yet.  Speedo is 5MPH off. There are some vibrations that the lift kit manufacturer says happen in the beginning as the driveline splines find their new homes.  Wish she was like this over the winter.  I blame the Germans.

Going to race in it?   We should do a charity thing. Your rally car vs my buggy.  

1 hour ago, rmm said:

Going to race in it?   We should do a charity thing. Your rally car vs my buggy.  

Sure!