Disconnected Offroad
Mike

The Base Camp

13 hours ago, kobbs_77 said:

It occurs to me I haven't shared this new acquisition.  2003 H-D Vrod with - get this - 2,700 miles on it.  Only thing that isn't perfect is some oxidation on the lower front forks.  I love this thing.

Willie G.jpg

I miss having a bike

10 hours ago, rich6700 said:

Sounds like my old partners bike. He never rode it and crashed it twice.

It's possible.  The fob on the key indicates it was from the H-D dealer in Trenton and I picked it up at Barb's in Mt. Ephraim.  A friend of mine is friends with Barb and she's had a dozen HD's over the years..  This is a pic of her on her 50th b-day. She rode the bike before I did "to make sure it was okay".  She laid down rubber for 100 yards.  Said it was fine.  And yeah, if you take notice, she rides in heels too.

TPIMG_8219.jpg

• Like 1

I figured nadel would have gotten you on a ducatti or bmw

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rmm said:

I figured nadel would have gotten you on a ducatti or bmw

Not for a first bike.  He was there with me when I got it.  It was $6,150 out the door with taxes, title and registration.. For that price, he said if I didn't buy it, he was gonna. 

That said, I do like the Diavel Diesel edition

• Like 2

Running this site anymore  . . . 

FB_IMG_1532834752182.jpg

• Like 3

So anyone know any jeep clubs in CT? I'm heading up to vist a friend and wanted to do some wheeling/camping while I'm there

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, myrojk said:

So anyone know any jeep clubs in CT? I'm heading up to vist a friend and wanted to do some wheeling/camping while I'm there

The purview of Bookface, I'm afraid.

Fb had zero in put and no response from the 2 clubs I emailed from up there

11 hours ago, myrojk said:

Fb had zero in put and no response from the 2 clubs I emailed from up there

Sad.  I remember being excited when guys from other parts of the country (and Canada) were local and wanted to wheel. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rmm said:

Instafamous 

Screenshot_20180731-222719.png

Will Gentile took and posted that early in that trip.   Lot's of funny comments originally.  The most salient reason was that I was bored.  It was a super boring day.  Secondly, it was the perfect lead-in to keep from having to do an Austin Powers style k-turn. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kobbs_77 said:

Will Gentile took and posted that early in that trip.   Lot's of funny comments originally.  The most salient reason was that I was bored.  It was a super boring day.  Secondly, it was the perfect lead-in to keep from having to do an Austin Powers style k-turn. 

That's an nitto ad now.  I thought that you were moving to BFG with that last run? 

Has a site for batona been reserved yet? That camp ground fills pretty quick.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, rmm said:

That's an nitto ad now.  I thought that you were moving to BFG with that last run? 

Sadly I had to miss the last run. I had to move my entire office/warehouse by the end of July.  Taking out 7-9 days in the middle of a move month just wouldn't work. Other than missing guys I know from previous runs, I hear I didn't miss much save for a mineshaft run.  In fact, the guy I gave my room to got bedbug bites, so we'll chalk that up to a win.

• Like 1

But the warehouse is moved and all good now? 

3 hours ago, rmm said:

But the warehouse is moved and all good now? 

Sorta. The space I'm taking had a tenant with the same end date, July 31.  They have to do a small demo, paint, carpet, trim, sprinklers before i could move in.  So right now, everything is in three 53' trailers, less stuff I'm going to need, for the next three weeks or so, at which point I can finally settle in.  Sucks so bad.....

Folks, WFTW is trying to get some more drivers for its August 25th veterans appreciation ride in North Jersey.  Open to any 4WD vehicle, but full-size pickups will be a tight fit.  This is on private land in Sussex County.  Food, prizes and a big raffle are provided, as well as the enthusiastic gratitude of the vets.  I hope to see some of my old friends and new DO family there.

https://wheelersforthewoundednj.org/wftwnj-trail-ride-registration/

8 hours ago, Bump said:

Folks, WFTW is trying to get some more drivers for its August 25th veterans appreciation ride in North Jersey.  Open to any 4WD vehicle, but full-size pickups will be a tight fit.  This is on private land in Sussex County.  Food, prizes and a big raffle are provided, as well as the enthusiastic gratitude of the vets.  I hope to see some of my old friends and new DO family there.

https://wheelersforthewoundednj.org/wftwnj-trail-ride-registration/

Favorite event of the year.  Unfortunately I'm not going to be cleared medically so I won't be there 

12 hours ago, rmm said:

Favorite event of the year.  Unfortunately I'm not going to be cleared medically so I won't be there 

Did your wife refer you to a head shrinker for swapping a perfectly good JK for a buggy?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, kobbs_77 said:

Did your wife refer you to a head shrinker for swapping a perfectly good JK for a buggy?

She actually likes the buggy and was very happy I didn't break it during my shakedown

I crushed my pinky unloading my trailer.  Snapped it in two and got a couple pins. I've got a couple more weeks before I can really use it 

8 hours ago, rmm said:

She actually likes the buggy and was very happy I didn't break it during my shakedown

I crushed my pinky unloading my trailer.  Snapped it in two and got a couple pins. I've got a couple more weeks before I can really use it 

Ugh.  I hate self-inflicted stuff.  I broke a rib a few months back by being stupid and using a piece of equipment.  Then again, I don't hold any OSHA certifications......

3 hours ago, kobbs_77 said:

Ugh.  I hate self-inflicted stuff.  I broke a rib a few months back by being stupid and using a piece of equipment.  Then again, I don't hold any OSHA certifications......

Hold my beer . . . 

16 hours ago, kobbs_77 said:

I had to go in front of the exec team the best week.  That was fun to explain to people.  Going to get my pins out early, so I'll hopefully have the buggy ready to go again by mid September