Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Artayay

NFL Football thread..

261 posts in this topic

Sam Bradford is uhhhh interesting. Can't say he's much of an upgrade over Foles at this point and Chip way overpaid.

Quietly hoping Chip still has some sneaky shit left up his sleeve because his claim that Mathews, Cooper, and Huff are a wide receiver core he has confidence in is a load of shit. Especially with Mr. Glass as QB.

You totally misread this.  Signing Bradford was done just to get Murray.  Chip is planning on lining up 3 half backs and going direct snap.   :lol:

1 person likes this

You totally misread this.  Signing Bradford was done just to get Murray.  Chip is planning on lining up 3 half backs and going direct snap.   :lol:

Just run a triple option every play with our "Three Headed RB Monster" Hey at least it would be entertaining. See Georgia Tech 2014

aint that the truth!

Watching the opening game of the NFL season and I'm struck by the Patriots.  I want to like them, because I respect anyone that can be so good for so long.  Plus, they lie down every time they meet the Giants in the Superbowl, so there's that.  But I really do believe that they have a pathological need to have an edge over their opponents which has extended to unethical if not illegal behavior.  As an attorney, I'm saddened whenever I see people hide behind the skirts of justice.  I saw it all the time when I practiced and see it still.  No one likes to experience the repercussions of their bad behavior and the choices are own up to it...or lie your ass off.  Owning up to mistakes builds character and it's no coincidence that this stuff is happening at the same time that the multitudes of people who have a real deficit of character are growing. Society in general has become overly legalistic and when you strip away ethics from the system, justice becomes elusive if not impossible..  Why face the consequences if you can get out of it by simply forcing the damaged party to prove you did wrong?  I admit that honest mistakes do happen and you can definitely blame lawyers all day for making things more complicated than they need be, but a lot of the time, one knows when one does wrong.  All this should come as no surprise to those of who are watching and experiencing the natural consequences of the abandonment of the values and ethics that were once the bedrock of our country. 

Does this belong in the NFL thread?  Well, we're watching the worst behavior on the biggest stage there is, so yes.

Edited by kobbs_77
4 people like this

Did anyone else watch the Eagles game last night?

Did anyone else feel like they were listening to the commentary from the local Dallas affiliate?

The game was tied and they were spending minutes talking about Dallas sweeping the Eagles.

Even after the Eagles won an overtime victory, all they talked about was how hard it would be for Dallas to get to the playoffs.  They are in last place in a crappy division, with the hardest schedule of all the crappy teams in the crappy division

Even NFL.com does it.

Just out of reach

The NFC East, just like the Eagles on Sunday night, appears to be falling out of the Cowboys' grasp. 
I happen to think a successful year is measured by reaching the Conference Championship game.  That means 4 teams each year can call themselves successful.  Elite teams win those games.  
The last time the Cowboys played in the NFC Championship game was 1995.  SInce then the Eagles have been in that game 5 times.
When is the media and the NFL going to realize that Dallas has become a has been?  I'm fairly certain Philadelphia already knows the answer. 

Was talking about the same thing at work today. "America's team" my ass. Especially after how they handled the Hardy situation.

1 person likes this

Giants have a bye, so I'm watching Washington at Carolina. We know Washington is bad, but Carolina looks seriously legit and Cam Newton is a scary mama jama.  I didn't think he'd do much after his first two years, but he looks like he completely avoided Jamarcus Russell-itis and Ryan Leaf Syndrome and matured into a pretty good QB.  I knew he could run, but he's throwing strikes today too.

Cam is the shit this year. He his dead on. Even though he's in the same conference as the bucs look out he is dead on.

Well this season is fkn shot to hell.

2 people like this