Disconnected Offroad

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WARDY

Wrenching on a few upgrades

57 posts in this topic

Planning on doing a few things to the jeep. starting this week, I'm going to replace front and back axles, brakes, brake lines, drive shafts,  flip front steering, sway bar bushings, whinch(if I find one) , will need to wire up switches for lockers,(maybe spod) and whatever else pops up.

I will be setting up the next few days, and planning most of the work on Sunday (11/8). I would do Saturday, but that is the pumpkin run at Flemings, and is an event not to be missed.

If anyone has time and wants to help, I could use it. Or just stop by and hang out that would be great.

IMAG1216.jpg

Glad to see you are finally getting around to these. Make sure you add a raised track bar bracket on the front if you flip the drag link. If I was closer I'd help.  

Your house or HOM?  I will try to swing down.  

Thanks Jeremy. 

My house, it's a little closer for me. And I know I won't finish in a day.

I'm good on tools, probably starting between 10-11, as soon as I get home from work.

My plans for tomorrow just took one in the ass.  Wish I could be there Walt.  Keep me in the loop on your progress, and I'll see if I can carve out some time to help lower your productivity.

No problem Martin, I lost all of today because of the rain. I just now blew the water off the drive way. Was hoping to have it on stands wheels and brakes off today. 

On a good note, had fun walking around in the rain at the pumpkin run, then went to a ducks unlimited dinner and scored a bunch of stuff. Trolling mtr, set of dishes,decanter set and 3 hand carved decoys.

I'll be wrenching this weekend if anyone is interested. Will be removing/replacing rear bmpr ,roll cage, ace rails/steps, hopefully front control arms. Some other small stuff wiring cb etc.

Hay Walt. Can't make it down but I'll have the electric done this weekend and I got my welder back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

811c1f6bed10723661a242b7d0a4a731.jpg

Fun times.

e371a66d07ea2aa1aa8b013dbe218579.jpg3fe07569c20f20d8f20150cfcf585259.jpg2ad77d9161afe378ce9106ed5d5fa905.jpg

The side steps make it a real jeep.

There had to be a ton of PB Blaster involved in that 

My Mac 1/2" battery operated boyfriend made short work of almost every bolt.

890d2575760dbd56cffe05c1eac2505b.jpg

This guy sucks

Been there before.

Got more stuff off today. I'm going to leave the front bumper, apiller lights and the snorkel on it. Got cb and other electronics out, and half of the rock hard cage. That f'ing thing is almost as much of a PITA to remove as it is to install. Still have the rest of the bars, seat covers, interior lights, tie rod, drag link, front drive shaft, mirror brackets, and a "chosen item". I save something from every vehicle I've ever owned (dozens) kinda like a souvenir.

10 hours ago, WARDY said:

Got more stuff off today. I'm going to leave the front bumper, apiller lights and the snorkel on it. Got cb and other electronics out, and half of the rock hard cage. That f'ing thing is almost as much of a PITA to remove as it is to install. Still have the rest of the bars, seat covers, interior lights, tie rod, drag link, front drive shaft, mirror brackets, and a "chosen item". I save something from every vehicle I've ever owned (dozens) kinda like a souvenir.

Have you chosen a replacement yet?

46 minutes ago, Klink said:

Found a brand new 2014 transit connect I'm looking at.

46 minutes ago, Klink said:

Found a brand new 2014 transit connect I'm looking at.

I dig it. f23b8cc9c42dbcf0962dc893c0aaff52.jpg