Eventbrite - Rock the Clock 3

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AnvilJK

EVO JK Crossmember/Exhaust skid improvement

8 posts in this topic

One issue I ran into several times was the bending of the EVO JK Crossmember/exhaust skid. Theres a weak point in the skid that allows it to bend up and contact the exhaust creating a rattle noise under load. This happened on a green trail at Rausch I believe, didn't take a notice to any heavy impacts.

19024454363_01f401cb2f_c.jpg

I was able to bend it back a good bit but on the next trip the same thing happened so I decided to improve it. 

19808002936_9cc06bb0ce_c.jpg

19826828172_61d7b647f0_c.jpg

23295008159_2884a101a0_c.jpg

I actually bought a new one because mine was so beat up that I couldn't line up the bolts where it mounted to the frame. What I did was bought some 3/16" stock and gusset the skid. I also notched the part where the exhaust comes down on the right side since that's what was contacting the skid. Cost me $10 in supplies and now I feel confident that the skid can take a beating. 

2 people like this

Nice job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't had that issue yet with my Evo skid. But I did taco the center a bit on the last trip. Good info!

The Evo skids should hold up pretty well unless you get really aggressive - black trails +.  Interestingly, Mel Wade doesn't run his own skids.  He doesn't run any skids, actually.  But when you have a crack team of wrenches, fixing broken stuff is a different equation.

1 person likes this

The Evo skids should hold up pretty well unless you get really aggressive - black trails +.  Interestingly, Mel Wade doesn't run his own skids.  He doesn't run any skids, actually.  But when you have a crack team of wrenches, fixing broken stuff is a different equation.

Other then the bending shown on the picture I never had an issue with them and are great for the price. Highly recommend them. This gusset just improves the skid where I had issues with in the past. I also don't baby my Jeep either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 person likes this

18 hours ago, AnvilJK said:

Other then the bending shown on the picture I never had an issue with them and are great for the price. Highly recommend them. This gusset just improves the skid where I had issues with in the past. I also don't baby my Jeep either.

Outstanding.  My kinda Jeeper.