Disconnected Offroad
Sign in to follow this  
Artayay

Poison Spyder Tire Carrier - New

In case you haven't seen the 'leaked' pics, here they are..and any addtl info I have seen do far. Look spricey to me, but we'll see how the demand is.

Here's a sneak peek at an upcoming new product: the JK Spare Tire Carrier. As it is body-mounted, it can be used with the stock bumper, or any of ours or other aftermarket bumpers that don't have an integrated tire carrier. From afar it may look kind of similar to other products that are on the market, but when you get a chance to see it up close there are some pretty cool and unique engineered features to it, both at the hinge and latch side. We'll talk more about it soon, but you can check it out in person on the CA4WDC Sweepstakes Jeep, which will be in our booth at theOff-Road Expo#PoisonSpyder #Jeep #Wrangler #TireCarrier

Posted Image

Posted Image

What a great response and a lot of questions asked about the JK Spare Tire Carrier we posted a sneak peak of this morning. Many of you wanted to see the latch side, so here's a look at it. Note the body-side of the latch is contoured to fit the curvature of the JK's body or the Crusher Corners. The carrier-side of the latch closes against a pair of CNC machined steel alignment pins to support the load of the tire, while the single latch only has to keep it shut tight to the body-side piece. To answer a few more of the questions that have been asked: It is designed to fit up to a 40" tire. The tire shown in the photos is a 37". We hope to have it in production and available for purchase in about a month, however as with any of our new product releases, that guesstimate isn't written in stone. Yes we are working on Rotopax mounts for it, although they may not be ready when the product launches. Target price is in the ~$850 range, without options such as Rotopax mounts. At this point there are no plans to produce a version of this for the TJ. Any other questions, feel free to post 'em!

Posted Image

$850 before shipping?  What's the GenRight or EVO? I know they're all crazy money, but $900+ is kinda crazy..

$850 before shipping? What's the GenRight or EVO? I know they're all crazy money, but $900+ is kinda crazy..

Right in the same neighborhood price wise. Evo requires you to run their corner armor for their carrier as well which brings it up to over 1k before shipping. Their corners also apparently fit like ass. This looks like a nice piece by psc. Very similar to the Genright (fuck them), but with what looks like a better latch mechanism. Also, the Or-fab carrier is still the cheapest option for that type of carrier, albeit a nice option. I loved mine on my old 2dr. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

What Greg said. There has been some buzz about this carrier. The styling is similiar to the Genright except the latch looks to be a big improvement. There does seem to be some room for carrier options in the 37''-40'' market space. How many people ran bigger than 35's two years vs today. Remember all those who bought 33's and wished they had gone 35's. Well 35 is the new 37.

Spyder will sell these on styling and premium name alone.

Right in the same neighborhood price wise. Evo requires you to run their corner armor for their carrier as well which brings it up to over 1k before shipping. Their corners also apparently fit like ass. This looks like a nice piece by psc. Very similar to the Genright (fuck them), but with what looks like a better latch mechanism. Also, the Or-fab carrier is still the cheapest option for that type of carrier, albeit a nice option. I loved mine on my old 2dr. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

I had one also albeit never installed it due to the ds hole drilling. Would grab this one in a heartbeat if it doesn't require the same modifications. Njjeepthing had one and it rusted to shit- Is this thing on?

there is also the argument of body or bumper mount vs tailgate attached. I have the AEV, (I know not cheap either) and love the one handed operation.

Not a fan of tire carriers attached to the body. I've hit my spare a few times coming down of stuff and I'd be afraid of buckling the body.

That shit happens to two doors not stretched-:p Is this thing on?