Disconnected Offroad

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dean

Suspension Cam

8 posts in this topic

Got to play around with a GoPro at Rausch last week.  If anyone is curious to see how much a suspension travels, here's a good chance to find out.

Lift is a 2" dual-rate JKS JSpec kit with their JLink fixed-length lowers and their JFlex adjustable uppers.  Running JKS HD adjustable track-bars front and rear as well.  I did an install write up on my if anyone is interested: Part 1: lift ... Part 2: Control Arms

Here's the video:

Actually a very good tool to diagnose.  Might just have to pull the trigger on that Prime Day GoPro offer...

5 hours ago, Klink said:

Actually a very good tool to diagnose.  Might just have to pull the trigger on that Prime Day GoPro offer...

This was my first time using it on this angle.  Actually played around with having it rear-facing.  Got some good footage of my buddies' WJ and Taco following me as well as come footage of me following the Taco.  Just need to play around with more than just the "over the hood" shot.

Very cool.  I've always wanted to mount a cam down on something like the oil pan to film the view looking between the wheels as I ran rocks.  But too scared to loose a camera.  Kudos

19 hours ago, Bump said:

Very cool.  I've always wanted to mount a cam down on something like the oil pan to film the view looking between the wheels as I ran rocks.  But too scared to loose a camera.  Kudos

Putting it on the transmission cross-member wouldn't be too bad.  I always tether mine in addition to the suction cup.  I actually have an outtake of it falling off my rear tailgate. I saw it on live-view, but the tether caught it which saved it from the impact and anyone behind me running it over.  I'd like to get an actual clamp and try some other more creative angle next time out.

3 hours ago, Dean said:

Putting it on the transmission cross-member wouldn't be too bad.  I always tether mine in addition to the suction cup.  I actually have an outtake of it falling off my rear tailgate. I saw it on live-view, but the tether caught it which saved it from the impact and anyone behind me running it over.  I'd like to get an actual clamp and try some other more creative angle next time out.

I have the 70lb. magnet mount and you can stick that bad boy anywhere and it will NOT fall off. If it strikes something, the plastic will break before the magnet loses it's grip, which may be an issue in and of itself.

11 minutes ago, kobbs_77 said:

I have the 70lb. magnet mount and you can stick that bad boy anywhere and it will NOT fall off. If it strikes something, the plastic will break before the magnet loses it's grip, which may be an issue in and of itself.

I have the same mount I think, and the only time it came off was on my linexed bumper hitting a tree

Now I'm thinking of putting it on the oil pan skid

18 hours ago, kobbs_77 said:

I've had magnet mounts shift on me and scratch paint.  Not a big deal on bumpers or skid plates, but on body panels it's an issue. My bumper is a smooth powedercoat and the suction cup stuck to it like glue once I wiped a few layers of dirt off.  A clap is just added security on things like side-steps and skid plates where a suction may not stay put on the rougher/rounder surface.