Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rmm

2008 Rubicon

34 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, rmm said:

Bumper is fully mounted up and I installed the evo bumper relocation bracket. The plug for the hole is somewhere, I think I stuck it in the basement.

IMG_20170303_144207.jpg

Not familiar with the EVO piece.  What does it do?

11 minutes ago, kobbs_77 said:

Not familiar with the EVO piece.  What does it do?

same as a lot of the other license plate relocations.  has brake light and license plate LEDs, and for a good price.  i pulled the wiring from the plate and pulled it across the back, through the tailgate, and then out that grommet that the brake light wiring came out of

I used some 3/4" led marker lights with the rubber grommets as a third brake light replacement. Looks like you can only get them with amazon prime shipping in 10 packs though.

20160306_180701.jpg

20160306_180729.jpg

4 people like this

Bought tires today. Pulled the trigger on 39 red labels

4 people like this

Bought tires today. Pulled the trigger on 39 red labels

About time you get rid of those fucking swampers. God anything but those. Now you're just going to walk all obstacles. Saw your jk at Smashboogie. Like the pre runner rear bumper. As soon as this storm goes by I'm gonna get you the front.

2 hours ago, BEASTY said:

About time you get rid of those fucking swampers. God anything but those. Now you're just going to walk all obstacles. Saw your jk at Smashboogie. Like the pre runner rear bumper. As soon as this storm goes by I'm gonna get you the front.

I think it looks really good bare. Going to be a bitch to keep from getting rusty so we'll see how it looks after getting banged around.  I'm planning on sanding all that nice powder coat off and leaving the front bare too.  

I also wired the license plate and brake lights backwards.

The swampers will be for sale so you can finally upgrade to a proper woods tire

I'm a little concerned about fitment, but have wheel spacers on the way now, and will have 4.5" of lift. I also expect the BFGs to measure out to 35"

1 person likes this

More parts showed up yesterday. Wheel spacers (if I need them, likely will - will also keep the rims out of the steering), and a soft shackle. Not planning on using d-rings on the VKS bumpers.  

Once the Jeep is back from Smashboogie, I'll just have the rear fender delete, headlights, and front bumper to do 

More parts showed up yesterday. Wheel spacers (if I need them, likely will - will also keep the rims out of the steering), and a soft shackle. Not planning on using d-rings on the VKS bumpers.  
Once the Jeep is back from Smashboogie, I'll just have the rear fender delete, headlights, and front bumper to do 

I'm not sure I was a huge fan of the delete fitmemt on the fronts. A little loose.

2 minutes ago, BEASTY said:

I'm not sure I was a huge fan of the delete fitmemt on the fronts. A little loose.

Yeah, not as flush as I was expecting. The rears don't even make sense. No effort to line them up with the stock holes like the fronts. I think I'll need to shape them a bit to even get them to fit right