Disconnected Offroad
Sign in to follow this  
Psheffern

Rock rails / side steps...hoping to spend @ $100

9 posts in this topic

Looking for a set of rock rails that I can use as "steps". Not actual steps, like the plastic stock ones, but more like rubi rails with extra metal for your foot to go on. Just added a lift and wife and kids could use a boost to get in. Lol

$100 is kinda unrealistic for a JK/JKU. As far as I can recall ACE engineering is the cheapest for almost anything and their rails retail around $300. You could search other forums and Craigslist for used ones though.

I'm very happy with my ACE rails.

A used set of Ace rails would probably be the best bet.  Just might be hard to come by.  

I had the same thoughts.  However, Quad has an in-house step made of steel that retails for $169 for a JKU.  That's the cheapest I've ever seen for anything.  I question how tough they might be, but at that price, who really cares.  If you start wheeling hard enough that these units get jacked up, you'll be going with more expensive heavy duty stuff anyway.  For some reason, the picture doesn't work on the product link page, but it does on the summary page. 

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12004_302X_PG.htm

166669.jpg?itok=UCX9zmfV

Yea thanks. I was looking at the used side of things and was offered two different kinds for $100 each, one wasn't quite what I wanted bc the steps hung down below the bar, N-Fab ones, and the other the guy lives in DE and he had car trouble, so we just couldn't make it work, but he had the exact ones I want. I may ask him again if I can't find anything else. 

IMG_0163.JPG

Yea thanks. I was looking at the used side of things and was offered two different kinds for $100 each, one wasn't quite what I wanted bc the steps hung down below the bar, N-Fab ones, and the other the guy lives in DE and he had car trouble, so we just couldn't make it work, but he had the exact ones I want. I may ask him again if I can't find anything else. 

IMG_0163.JPG

I work in Newport de, I could meet up with him somewhere and grab them for you.

39 minutes ago, Newmango said:

Really?  Wow. He lives in Newark, DE which is like 20 min from there. That would be awesome. We tried to meet in KoP but his wife's car broke down on his way, so trying to meet again has been tough.  I live in Wyomissing but glad to meet. Let me know 

21 hours ago, Newmango said:

Looks like your profile says you are in Magnolia which I assume in NJ, so that's still over an hr from me, so I appreciate the offer but it may not work out that well. Hate to put you out of your way.  But really cool of you to offer. 

• Like 1

Looks like your profile says you are in Magnolia which I assume in NJ, so that's still over an hr from me, so I appreciate the offer but it may not work out that well. Hate to put you out of your way.  But really cool of you to offer. 

No problem at all. Yeah I'm in jersey.