Eventbrite - Rock the Clock 3
Phoenix

Canoe Trip - Wharton, April 22 - 23, 2017

96 posts in this topic

Yes

1 person likes this

In.  I'm a sucker for anything on the water.

Edited by kobbs_77
1 person likes this

Possibly 

1 person likes this

Somehow I see 8 canoes drag racing through the Pines.....

First we conquer the wilds of Jersey, and then next trip Boundary waters between US and Canada 2019!  I can see the international incidents now.

1 person likes this

I take it we will be camping?  Does Mick's allow for multi day rentals and shuttle service?

I know i dont know anyone yet but i would be game.... 

3 hours ago, Mike said:

I take it we will be camping?  Does Mick's allow for multi day rentals and shuttle service?

Yes there will be camping.  If you have a group camping at Bodine field, they will pick you up and shuttle you to Hawkins Bridge.  They also have multi day rentals.  

2 hours ago, Jkdad16 said:

I know i dont know anyone yet but i would be game.... 

We all didn't know each other before we met each other.  Only a few of us bite.  Most of us snore.  All of us have bacon.  That is as close to "you are more than welcome to join" as I can get.

8 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

We all didn't know each other before we met each other.  Only a few of us bite.  Most of us snore.  All of us have bacon.  That is as close to "you are more than welcome to join" as I can get.

Lol, i like bacon. @kobbs_77 said this was a good group of peeps. 

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, Jkdad16 said:

Lol, i like bacon. @kobbs_77 said this was a good group of peeps. 

@Jkdad16 You'll fit right in holmes.  We are what you call a like minded group a folks.  But we are NOT a club (I've been told this repeatedly).  Which is another way of saying there's no membership or other nonsense.  All professions and walks of life.  The common threads are love of Jeep, bacon, the outdoors and respect for each other.  Though the latter admittedly has it's ups and downs...there's this picture of @Ericbg83 (who still does or used to work for Hutchinson, I believe), where a once upon a time ex-girlfriend makeup artist decided to use him for practice....

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, kobbs_77 said:

@Jkdad16 You'll fit right in holmes.  We are what you call a like minded group a folks.  But we are NOT a club (I've been told this repeatedly).  Which is another way of saying there's no membership or other nonsense.  All professions and walks of life.  The common threads are love of Jeep, bacon, the outdoors and respect for each other.  Though the latter admittedly has it's ups and downs...there's this picture of @Ericbg83 (who still does or used to work for Hutchinson, I believe), where a once upon a time ex-girlfriend makeup artist decided to use him for practice....

He works for Horizon now

2 people like this

4 hours ago, kobbs_77 said:

Such a disturbing memory.

7 hours ago, kobbs_77 said:

Is turkey bacon ok? 

2 hours ago, Jkdad16 said:

Is turkey bacon ok? 

It will be for the next 6 weeks for me.  Gym competition. 

3 hours ago, Jkdad16 said:

Is turkey bacon ok? 

No!

1 hour ago, kobbs_77 said:

You have a pass.

I grew up on a pig farm.... turkey bacon is an insult lol. :bbq:

2 people like this

2 hours ago, kobbs_77 said:

So much for getting lunch next week.... 

2 hours ago, Phoenix said:

You have a pass.

Yeah, a bypass.  ❤😆

1 person likes this

Back to canoeing.   I'm guessing your rough plan @Phoenix is to set up camp at Bodine, wake up and go to Mick's, get dopped off with the canoes and paddle back to camp with minimal drownings, and have Mick's pick up the boats at camp?

I have 2 canoes, 5 kayaks, 1 double kayak, 2 ocean kayaks, and a trailer that are available whenever you want. If you're camping and don't want to worry about Mick's schedule it's cheaper and more relaxed. 

2 people like this

19 hours ago, Mike said:

Back to canoeing.   I'm guessing your rough plan @Phoenix is to set up camp at Bodine, wake up and go to Mick's, get dopped off with the canoes and paddle back to camp with minimal drownings, and have Mick's pick up the boats at camp?

Close, everything above but Mick's will pick us up at Bodine and shuttle us up and then pick up the canoes.

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, WARDY said:

I have 2 canoes, 5 kayaks, 1 double kayak, 2 ocean kayaks, and a trailer that are available whenever you want. If you're camping and don't want to worry about Mick's schedule it's cheaper and more relaxed. 

And then there is this. Dibs on a canoe!

Any progress on a date @Phoenix?  April maybe?