Disconnected Offroad

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jkdad16

Kids and jk's

I have a 3 year old, the kid loves jeeps and loves getting dirty. We want to get out in the woods more this year, thoughts on good car seats for him? For his third bd party he told my wife he wanted a jeep themed party.... i want something safe for him to be strapped into to enjoy the woods, my jk is still stock with a few minor up grades for now. Thoughts? Recommendations?

We have a recaro and a Graco convertible seat and I like the Recaro a lot more. Better buckle, etc.  

We have a recaro and a Graco convertible seat and I like the Recaro a lot more. Better buckle, etc.  

Agreed. We switched the seats in my wife's gc to the recaro. Gracos moved to the truck since the kids ride in there much less frequently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, MJHomebrew said:

Agreed. We switched the seats in my wife's gc to the recaro. Gracos moved to the truck since the kids ride in there much less frequently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exact same thing we did. The Graco is in my truck now.  My parents got us a britax for the baby so well see how that goes eventually

Hes in the high back booster type seat that uses factory seatbelts but i want something with a harness to secure him in there better. Does the recaro have a harness?

6 hours ago, Jkdad16 said:

Hes in the high back booster type seat that uses factory seatbelts but i want something with a harness to secure him in there better. Does the recaro have a harness?

It's a 5 point harness that uses latch

Been awhile since my kids used a seat.  We've moved on from duct tape and cable ties?

3 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Been awhile since my kids used a seat.  We've moved on from duct tape and cable ties?

@PhoenixThey didn't have Gorilla tape that long ago, eh?

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 8:05 AM, Phoenix said:

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 11:07 AM, kobbs_77 said:

@PhoenixThey didn't have Gorilla tape that long ago, eh?

When I was a kid my parents drove drunk, we never used seatbelts or helmets and I grew up just ...never mind

When I was a kid my parents drove drunk, we never used seatbelts or helmets and I grew up just ...never mind

My mom said she brought me home from the hospital in a old wicker type laundry hamper with blankets in the bottom

I have the Recaro as well, it's a great seat, but just about any seat with a harness will work. my son has gotten tall enough now that he can kick the back of my seat and yell "I'm stuck!" on any ride that lasts longer than 20 minutes. I try to think of it as a massage chair. 

14 hours ago, Trunk Monkey said:

My mom said she brought me home from the hospital in a old wicker type laundry hamper with blankets in the bottom

Did she float you down the river in it?

I have the Recaro as well, it's a great seat, but just about any seat with a harness will work. my son has gotten tall enough now that he can kick the back of my seat and yell "I'm stuck!" on any ride that lasts longer than 20 minutes. I try to think of it as a massage chair. 

Did she float you down the river in it?

Lol