Disconnected Offroad

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike

The Site Is Dead - Life Support Needed

Im a noob, as soon as @kobbs_77 seen i had a jk, he told me to check the forum out. From a fresh eyes point of view, the sites awesome. I am looking forward to the up coming events and runs. Even looking forward to the Colorado trip, have been talkin with kobbs about that as well. The site is laid out nicely and its very easy to navigate. I dont think its the site scarying anyone away, even with fb, i think its more of just needing to find new jeepers like myself. I only know one person but looking forward to meeting everyone. I think its a great way to get fellow 4x4ers together. Just my .02. 

I think one of the big issues, or more like growing problems we are having is that most of us have known each other for years, and most were coming here to just shoot the shit and catch up with everyone.  A site like this needs new blood to ask tech related questions, even ones that have been asked before.  That is what makes other people feel more comfortable asking their own questions and adds more searchable content for the search engines. 

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 1:29 AM, WARDY said:

Picture me in daisy dukes and a wet T-shirt sprawled across the hood of my jeep eating a donut. What a way to bring in the jeeper girls.

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 2:14 PM, DocSiz said:

603504bd2cf497ded3f5207a9830a7b1.jpg

Iron Mike posing with my Jeep a few years back hahaha

Thanks you 2, I just threw up my lunch in my mouth!!!!

22 hours ago, jdam said:

Was it a salad?:whistling:

On 2/28/2017 at 1:11 PM, jdam said:

It is true, pics like that don't exactly draw people in to the site....at least people that we want, anyway.....

On 2/27/2017 at 9:46 AM, Mike said:

I think one of the big issues, or more like growing problems we are having is that most of us have known each other for years, and most were coming here to just shoot the shit and catch up with everyone.  A site like this needs new blood to ask tech related questions, even ones that have been asked before.  That is what makes other people feel more comfortable asking their own questions and adds more searchable content for the search engines. 

I would agree with this statement. In my opinion I feel folks new to Jeeping and off roading probably have hit other forums and maybe get scared off with responses to their "newbie" questions. I would like a way to navigate the site to be able to find the "new" posts. Maybe it's there I just haven't figured it out yet. (I'm technology disabled :)  Is there one stop shopping for upcoming events I could attend. I am one of those wheelers that attended  Rock the Clock 2015 (Friday) I had a blast and was looking forward to wheeling with you guys again. But I always seemed to miss the wheeling dates. I am also nervous about holding your group back on the trails since I'm still not that brave on the trails.    

6 hours ago, Jeep Momma said:

I would agree with this statement. In my opinion I feel folks new to Jeeping and off roading probably have hit other forums and maybe get scared off with responses to their "newbie" questions. I would like a way to navigate the site to be able to find the "new" posts. Maybe it's there I just haven't figured it out yet. (I'm technology disabled :)  Is there one stop shopping for upcoming events I could attend. I am one of those wheelers that attended  Rock the Clock 2015 (Friday) I had a blast and was looking forward to wheeling with you guys again. But I always seemed to miss the wheeling dates. I am also nervous about holding your group back on the trails since I'm still not that brave on the trails.    

Try using the "Unread Content" or the "Activity" buttons on the top menu bar, just under the logo to find current posts quicker. :up:

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Try using the "Unread Content" or the "Activity" buttons on the top menu bar, just under the logo to find current posts quicker. :up:

:D Thanks 

The circled icon is the unread content button if you connect through the browser. It's the same on android and iPhone. 

Hopefully someone can come in for tapatalk users. Screenshot_20170407-225536.jpg

1 hour ago, bigtom said:

The circled icon is the unread content button if you connect through the browser. It's the same on android and iPhone. 

Hopefully someone can come in for tapatalk users. Screenshot_20170407-225536.jpg

Funny that my name is on the topic when its about being technologically impaired.... haha. Computers hate me...

Doing my part while a bunch of people detail and wax my car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the 1st one of the year is going to be at Rack's, Williamstown on April 5th.  It's also a fundraiser for [mention=33]Trunk Monkey[/mention]'s Police Unity Tour team.  

Hopefully someone can come in for tapatalk users. Screenshot_20170407-225536.thumb.jpg.708a52af4287a64084f5621b35a4a6dd.jpg

For Tap a talk you can use the Timeline feature to sort threads by latest post. Clicking a thread title will usually take you to the last unread post.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, Kindred said:

For Tap a talk you can use the Timeline feature to sort threads by latest post. Clicking a thread title will usually take you to the last unread post.

How has the site been running on Tapatalk? I haven't checked in a while. Last time I looked, I didn't even recognize it and it eas very ad-heavy. (Just an fyi for the Tapatalk users, I can't control any of the ads on Tapatalk nor do I get anything back from it)

Yup, works fine other than the ads as you mentioned.