Disconnected Offroad

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike

The Site Is Dead - Life Support Needed

I also have concerns about some of the Open Trails people.  Either they are born again or hypocrites, but either way I don't trust their motivation.  I don't see anything that Stay the Trail is doing that's unique and couldn't be reproduced, except for the name.  Although getting any kind of endorsement from the NJDEP for a program that supports OHV use is going to be impossible.  

I don't know Mike, I've been poking around on other sites and there isn't much going on with them as well. I think once spring hits things will pick up. In the mean time a social get together would be nice.

Pissing off my wife since way back

5 years ago we had dedicated wheelers even if their Jeeps werent the most amazing things in the world they still went out and wheeled or met up. now people are driving around in brand new jeeps with 37 inch tires and have no intentions on ever bringing it out off-road the clientele has changed it. As far as Facebook goes I think that people are leaving Facebook due to its political stance on things the way you can share your social media on fake stories and true stories people just don't like and are staying away from. I think you will see the Forum recover in time as more as you continue to promote Wheeling whether it's rausch, warton or any other place. I do think that it would be nice though to have some meet and greets somewhere centrally located and also maybe a little controversy on some matters LOL.

Mike are you going to be doing those meet ups again this year? Might need a bigger venue parking was slim at the last one I went to.

1 hour ago, DocSiz said:

Mike are you going to be doing those meet ups again this year? Might need a bigger venue parking was slim at the last one I went to.

Yes, the 1st one of the year is going to be at Rack's, Williamstown on April 5th.  It's also a fundraiser for @Trunk Monkey's Police Unity Tour team.  

Plenty of parking at Racks and we can probably pull off using the liquor store lot next door as overflow if needed.

Mike, our new trailer is in and will be there.  We will have a generator for power in the parking lot, if you can figure out a way to have a laptop or something there with a pay cube thingy for people to sign up on the spot and PAY for their supporting membership, I'm not opposed to going out of pocket for a freebie (something in the $100-$150 range) and giving out a specific raffle ticket only to those people.  You'd have to run this though, I'm going to be running around like a mad man most likely.   I plan on doing something similar to anyone who buys a T-Shirt, to bolster our shirt sales. 

15 hours ago, Mike said:

Yes, the 1st one of the year is going to be at Rack's, Williamstown on April 5th.  It's also a fundraiser for @Trunk Monkey's Police Unity Tour team.  

Also technically this is a fundraiser for "TEAM MONROE", we ride to raise money for "various" charity events "including, but not limited to" the Police Unity Tour.   It's all legal mumbo jumbo, if we market it specifically for the Unity Tour, we have to follow the Unity Tour's by-laws with regards to alcohol, licensing, no gambling (football block pools) etc etc etc.  It's all in the "wording". 

7 hours ago, Trunk Monkey said:

Also technically this is a fundraiser for "TEAM MONROE", we ride to raise money for "various" charity events "including, but not limited to" the Police Unity Tour.   It's all legal mumbo jumbo, if we market it specifically for the Unity Tour, we have to follow the Unity Tour's by-laws with regards to alcohol, licensing, no gambling (football block pools) etc etc etc.  It's all in the "wording". 

@Trunk MonkeyIf you get a shitty beater car, I'll drive over it in the parking lot.  I'll let you do it too!  Either that or I can get the Globex rig to do it (it's driven over cars before....)

So you're offering-up the Globex rig for us to drive over?  :hmm:

12 hours ago, Bump said:

So you're offering-up the Globex rig for us to drive over?  :hmm:

Sure.  Not sure whose rig has the stones for it though...and you definitely need two arms for that..

My 2cents. Although I came in to JC right as the split was going down, one of the attractions I had was how welcoming it felt as an outsider not knowing anyone. Everyone was really nice and friendly and encouraged participation with out it being forced. Didn't get bashed when I said something out of ignorance but yet taught the right way (what ever that is) I think new keepers want to be a part of the brotherhood of jeeps and look for groups of people they can relate to. Mostly everyone here has become a veteran through the years and experience. So there is some jaded opinions that turn people away once they start reading threads.
Parking lot meet ups is a good way to get people out but there has to be more than just freebies. Once people are there they don't know what to do next so they stick to their little cliques, drink and leave with out anything being accomplished. Never meeting the right people. There is no invitation to participate in runs, build parties, camping or what ever.
If you're looking for need recruits figure out what type of recruits you really want joining in and why.
Stickers and patches aren't going to keep people around activities will.
Think about what brought all you guys together and why it was so great before you all knew each other. I'm sure that same science will tend to the noobs.

I think a good crowd puller would be a Miss Jersey Jeep Girl contest and calendar event. Top 12 chicks with nice rigs get into the calendar with the number 1 gal getting cover and maybe some sponsored DO gifts. Jeeps bring people out girls bring people out and drinks makes for a fun time. Don't tell my wife I posted this lol

22 minutes ago, DocSiz said:

I think a good crowd puller would be a Miss Jersey Jeep Girl contest and calendar event. Top 12 chicks with nice rigs get into the calendar with the number 1 gal getting cover and maybe some sponsored DO gifts. Jeeps bring people out girls bring people out and drinks makes for a fun time. Don't tell my wife I posted this lol

That's going to be a tough one.  The hottest chick we have here is @Ericbg83

(Insert infamous photo here)

Picture me in daisy dukes and a wet T-shirt sprawled across the hood of my jeep eating a donut. What a way to bring in the jeeper girls.

[mention=33]Trunk Monkey[/mention]If you get a shitty beater car, I'll drive over it in the parking lot.  I'll let you do it too!  Either that or I can get the Globex rig to do it (it's driven over cars before....)

I just bought a shitty beater car. Meet the blue bomber. 2006 Taurus. 103k on the clock. Absolute ZERO rust. It has less rust than my 2012 Impreza. 2b803f43b267faf83c410ebffbd9ef16.jpg
70988796910f8a88d139829bb3d5b6e2.jpg
92babf2e3df840c7f8ba5f7ea2deccc0.jpg
That's the original FORD muffler there. Like I said, zero rust.

No, we can't drive over it...... yet.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Requirements are a full set of teeth. Just saying. The last chick that hit on Klink had about 3 total.

I can probably get this girl to come out: She a real estate agent that teaches pole dancing and an all around awesome girl.

V__891C.jpg

I can probably get this girl to come out: She a real estate agent that teaches pole dancing and an all around awesome girl.

V__891C.thumb.jpg.4c3b067c830c7f3375a3abb67a4daab5.jpg

Better pics please

Heading to RC on Sunday.  Small NJJC group running greens and blues.  Can probably add a few non-NJJC rigs if you're interested.