Disconnected Offroad
Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Rock the Clock 3 - Trail Guide Sign-Ups

34 posts in this topic

Anyone interested in being a Trail Guide for Rock the Clock 3, please sign up here and let us know which level of trails you are willing to lead.

Thanks!

I'm fine with guiding GREENS again this year.

In for whatever.

Hey, I have an idea.  Why don't we do a recovery clinic Sat AM for those who want, followed by a trail ride.  Or make it Sunday AM?  If there's enough interest, we can do two days.  I'll lead the group through Green/Blues after that so it doesn't fuck up the groupings too much.  We could actually do two special groups as we would need at least two Jeeps to do a demo.

Edited by kobbs_77
  • Like 1

I can lead a either a Blue or Blue/Black group.  With the Maplets app I found my way around pretty good the past two trips.

Will the recovery class show how to flip a JKU back on its wheels?

• Like 1

On 3/17/2017 at 8:52 PM, Bump said:

I can lead a either a Blue or Blue/Black group.  With the Maplets app I found my way around pretty good the past two trips.

Will the recovery class show how to flip a JKU back on its wheels?

Sure, just not mine.  Apparently I tweaked the firewall pretty good when I rolled because the little AC vent servo that directs airflow couldn't get air to come from the panel vents.  This is not that big a deal, but when you're driving across the country in July and all you're getting is cold air directed at your feet and your sweating your ass off, one is constantly reminded of one's past idiocy.  Happily, it's a problem that resolved itself about two months ago.

• Like 2

Hey Mike-

I know there's much going on over on Facebook. Are you going to encourage those folks to bring GMRS/FRS radios if they have them?  

Rick

1 minute ago, kobbs_77 said:

Hey Mike-

I know there's much going on over on Facebook. Are you going to encourage those folks to bring GMRS/FRS radios if they have them?  

Rick

That's a very good point - I no longer have a real CB in the cab.  Really going hard to GMRS.  

1 minute ago, rmm said:

That's a very good point - I no longer have a real CB in the cab.  Really going hard to GMRS.  

I still have a CB, but I hate that fucker.  GMRS radios are just too good on the trail.  And unless you're in Alaksa when the leader and drag man are 15 miles apart, the little handhelds are perfect.

Also, I wouldn't mind it if Klinker then assigned a Channel (1-22) for each group.  My stuff has frequency mode or channel mode, but figure most will have channel mode units.

54 minutes ago, kobbs_77 said:

I still have a CB, but I hate that fucker.  GMRS radios are just too good on the trail.  And unless you're in Alaksa when the leader and drag man are 15 miles apart, the little handhelds are perfect.

Also, I wouldn't mind it if Klinker then assigned a Channel (1-22) for each group.  My stuff has frequency mode or channel mode, but figure most will have channel mode units.

I have a handheld in the glove compartment, but that's it.  I'd rather loan someone my other handheld than deal with CB

6 hours ago, kobbs_77 said:

Hey Mike-

Rick

Trying to. But, sadly Facebook Jeepers are very green and hard to convince. 

I've had a few gmrs only runs and it worked great.

I really don't know if I'll have my CB fixed before RTC.

I had wanted to purchase a bulk of radios to be able to loan out for runs and events, but with the lack of activity on the site, on runs, and RRC signups, I haven't wanted to make the investment. 

53 minutes ago, Mike said:

Trying to. But, sadly Facebook Jeepers are very green and hard to convince. 

I've had a few gmrs only runs and it worked great.

I really don't know if I'll have my CB fixed before RTC.

I had wanted to purchase a bulk of radios to be able to loan out for runs and events, but with the lack of activity on the site, on runs, and RRC signups, I haven't wanted to make the investment. 

I wouldn't want to make that investment either.

I bought a 6-pack of Baofeng radios for $65 for WFTW and will bring with

• Like 1

C'Mon guys.  Starting to get excited about this.  Am I gonna lead Greens or Blues on Friday?  I'm serious.  Happy to help spot some folks over their first obstacles.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kobbs_77 said:

C'Mon guys.  Starting to get excited about this.  Am I gonna lead Greens or Blues on Friday?  I'm serious.  Happy to help spot some folks over their first obstacles.

I will keep you posted. Working on RTC when I get back from vacation 

Happy to be tail gunner for greenjeep1 again this year.  Hope to ride again with Jeremy, Psheffern, and Mr T.

Thanks again Mike.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mean Gene said:

Happy to be tail gunner for greenjeep1 again this year.  Hope to ride again with Jeremy, Psheffern, and Mr T.

Thanks again Mike.

Unfortunately greenjeep isn't able to make it this year

I wouldn’t mind being a trail guide for black trails. Pretty experienced at RC, usually group leader when I go

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hp609 said:

I wouldn’t mind being a trail guide for black trails. Pretty experienced at RC, usually group leader when I go

Awesome. Thanks. 

Looks like I am going to be a little short on green and blue trail guides if anyone can step up. 

6 hours ago, Mike said:

Awesome. Thanks. 

Looks like I am going to be a little short on green and blue trail guides if anyone can step up. 

I can run green or blue as needed.  If it's a big group, I'd like someone who's been in 4LO before running drag.  I think I'm bringing 6 radios or so.  Comms makes larger groups (say ten or so) manageable.

Edited by kobbs_77
  • Like 2

Those green groups can be larger and still be manageable too.  

Sorry, but on Saturday I'd like to get it if I'm going to trailer it out there. This will be my first trip with a functional front since switching to the stickies

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kobbs_77 said:

I can run green or blue as needed.  If it's a big group, I'd like someone who's been in 4LO before running drag.  I think I'm bringing 6 radios or so.  Comms makes larger groups (say ten or so) manageable.

6 Jeeps is my goal per group. Hoping to not exceed, but if I have to, 10 wouldbe my max.

16 hours ago, Mike said:

6 Jeeps is my goal per group. Hoping to not exceed, but if I have to, 10 wouldbe my max.

I've led more than 10 before.  No worries.  Is there another event that weekend?  Just wondering how clogged those Green/Blue trails are gonna be.

@Mike  Is the Northeast property available to the Friday ride?  Or is that additional?  How about the RTC rides?

Also, as I now have an Android phone, I don't see the Maplets app any more.  Is there a good app out there with RC maps?

Edited by kobbs_77

1 hour ago, kobbs_77 said:

I've led more than 10 before.  No worries.  Is there another event that weekend?  Just wondering how clogged those Green/Blue trails are gonna be.

@Mike  Is the Northeast property available to the Friday ride?  Or is that additional?  How about the RTC rides?

Also, as I now have an Android phone, I don't see the Maplets app any more.  Is there a good app out there with RC maps?

Maplets moved to the Amazon app store. 

https://t.co/jvLKMM9sh8

Rausch doesn't have anything on their calendar when I looked last