Disconnected Offroad
Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Rock the Clock 3 - Camping Info

Anyone planning on camping at Rausch Creek during the Rock the Clock event, please say so here.  This will help us plan out how much space we will need and give us the ability to give the Park a heads up.  

I'll be camping again with the trailer for sure!  Hopefully it won't be so brutally cold as it was Friday night last time.

I really like the breakfast at the Hampton Inn.

And I get Hilton Hotel points

• Like 4

On 3/7/2017 at 2:45 PM, Dean said:

I'll be camping again with the trailer for sure!  Hopefully it won't be so brutally cold as it was Friday night last time.

I don't remember it being that cold. Of course I also did 2 or 3 sub-teen° trips last year so it might not have been as rough for me. :camping:

I really like the breakfast at the Hampton Inn.
And I get Hilton Hotel points

Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Camping.  Building a camping trailer. 

• Like 3

Make sure to bring a stack of waffles and bacon with you in the morning.  :BaconDance:

7 hours ago, Jkdad16 said:

Ill be camping... this is my first trip to rausch, what do i need to know?

Camping is very primitive - port-a-pots and no running water. All sites are first come, first served. 

18 hours ago, Jkdad16 said:

Ill be camping... this is my first trip to rausch, what do i need to know?

We'll talk, though I'll be at the Hampton Inn Thursday night and Friday night.  Not sure if wheeling Sunday.

Also, you should pick up one of these:  https://www.quadratec.com/products/95202_4100.htm

74974.jpg

Looks like they have the same unit cheaper just branded differently (Smittybilt??) from other brands, but I can only assume they're the same functionality-wise.  I've only personally used the ARB branded unit.  Also, pick up some spare valve cores and valve stem caps.  They're pretty handy with this type of deflator.  If you don't seat the core all the way in when you're done deflating or inflating, it'll shoot 30-feet away when you take the deflator off, never to be seen again.  Flat tires are bad.  Flat tires because you lost your valve core and don't have another just really sucks.

If you don't already have a recovery strap, you should pick up one of those too.  The Harbor Freight ones are just fine for the rocks.  https://www.harborfreight.com/9000-lb-capacity-3-in-x-30-ft-heavy-duty-recovery-strap-60579.html   NO METAL HOOKS!!

If you plan on getting stuck in mud at some point, you might want a kinetic recovery rope, but you won't need that for this trip. 

You may also want to bring some wrenches to disconnect your front sway bar links.  Not 100% necessary, but you'll get a little more flex and a less bumpy ride.  We won't be doing anything so off-camber that you'll wish you still had them connected.  If you want to get fancy, You can get these:  https://www.quadratec.com/products/16160_10X_PG.htm

87992-lg.jpg

There are other options out there, some of them less expensive, though I only have experience with these.  I don't have them anymore since I went to a selectable swaybar.

Edited by kobbs_77
  • Sad 1

I will be getting to camp Thursday afternoon. Trying to get site A, towards the back where I was last year.

Anyone camping, please bring along some firewood with you. :up:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/16/2017 at 8:50 PM, Mike said:

I will be getting to camp Thursday afternoon. Trying to get site A, towards the back where I was last year.

Ill be getting up there early Friday morning. Hoping to be there around 7:30/8:00....

I'll be getting there Friday evening and I will be camping as well. Can't miss me since I will be in the only jeep towing a jeep. I'll snag some fire wood for sure though

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Was going to camp, but ended up just getting Econo Lodge Pine Grove @ $49+tax. See you saturday am. Def less fancy than Hampton Inn but flushing toilets and running water.

• Like 1

I’ll bring some firewood if you save me a spot. Should be arriving Friday am at like 7

4 hours ago, BEASTY said:

I’ll bring some firewood if you save me a spot. Should be arriving Friday am at like 7

Box truck or tent?