Eventbrite - Rock the Clock 3
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

Road Trip Vlog

9 posts in this topic

@venture4wd set off on the road just over a month ago, with no real set travel plans or set timeframe to return. He's been living out of his Ursa Minor equipped JKU and has been documenting the trip on YouTube and Instagram. He's getting better at his videos as he goes along. Give him some support by checking out his channel and subscribing.

@venture4wd on Instagram

1 person likes this

Interesting vlog.  But he seriously needs to do something to reduce the wind noise in his videos.  Either stick some Micover Stickover fuzzy windscreen's over the camera mics or get a couple of Rode video micros with dead cats.

7 hours ago, Bump said:

Interesting vlog.  But he seriously needs to do something to reduce the wind noise in his videos.  Either stick some Micover Stickover fuzzy windscreen's over the camera mics or get a couple of Rode video micros with dead cats.

I think Chris spent all his budget on his camper top. :lol: 

It is a very nice top, really like the low profile.  Looks like the perfect setup for what he's doing. 

I would have put a fold-down table on the tailgate for cooking.  Less chance of making a mess inside the Jeep.

He could have saved a bunch of cash going with a Whynter fridge instead of ARB.  I've been researching portable fridges for a while and Whynter is very popular and well-reviewed by over-the-road truckers. 

I think Chris's vlog would get more action if he allowed people to post comments.  I realize it's a mixed bag, but the upside is he could get suggestions on improving his videos and where to go for Internet.

And what the heck are those black things on his door hinges?  I've studied them everytime there's a clear shot in his video and I can't figure it out.

I'm pretty sure those things are fold out steps

1 person likes this

Ok, that makes sense.

3 hours ago, Bump said:

I think Chris's vlog would get more action if he allowed people to post comments.  I realize it's a mixed bag, but the upside is he could get suggestions on improving his videos and where to go for Internet.

And what the heck are those black things on his door hinges?  I've studied them everytime there's a clear shot in his video and I can't figure it out.

Yep, steps. They also make a walkway style roll bar. Pretty neat.

http://kmsafaristore.com/

Very neat.  But as much as I love the look I have zero interest in putting another safari rack on the Jeep.