Disconnected Offroad
Mike

Uwarrie, NC Trip, November 2017

19 posts in this topic

It was good catching up with @ABadJeeper this weekend. We were saying that we're long overdue for a trip down to North Carolina for some wheeling and camping. There's plenty of trails in Uwarrie plus Jeremy knows of some good spots nearby he can get us access to.

Right now I am looking at setting up a trip for November. It would have to be a long weekend due to the distance. I am thinking the weekend before Thanksgiving, November 16th - 19th.

Who's in?

Can't do the weekend before Thanksgiving, but what about the weekend before that? 

53 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

hmmmm

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mike said:

a. That dude is annoying and needs some help with his hair

II.  I've already done this trip, and have the tshirt

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

a. That dude is annoying and needs some help with his hair

II.  I've already done this trip, and have the tshirt

This will be different. We have options.

I thought you weren't going to be hitting up uwarrie at all.

51 minutes ago, bigtom said:

I thought you weren't going to be hitting up uwarrie at all.

Kinda going to go off Jeremy's recommendations on what's good and what's around the area. We may or may not be in Uwarrie, but it will be centered around that area as we plan it out, if that makes any sense. 

• Like 1

Sorry for not getting on here in awhile. It's been a couple months that I would like to forget between work and some personal stuff. 

Anyway Uwharrie is a great little trail system. Nothing too extreme except for a few spots. There is the Big Creek area I could probably get access too which is a training center. We would need enough vehicles to make it worthwhile though. If you are thinking November I would recommend Veterans Day Weekend. There is a big ride out there I do every year. Free camping from Thursday through Sunday and there will be plenty of people to hang out and ride with. For the past few years it has been great camping weather too. High 60's during the day and 40's at night. This ride will have access to the national trail system plus a few of the different training facilities. A couple are only usually used for military training. There is also a range and in the National Forest so so me fun can be had there too.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ABadJeeper said:

Sorry for not getting on here in awhile. It's been a couple months that I would like to forget between work and some personal stuff. 

Anyway Uwharrie is a great little trail system. Nothing too extreme except for a few spots. There is the Big Creek area I could probably get access too which is a training center. We would need enough vehicles to make it worthwhile though. If you are thinking November I would recommend Veterans Day Weekend. There is a big ride out there I do every year. Free camping from Thursday through Sunday and there will be plenty of people to hang out and ride with. For the past few years it has been great camping weather too. High 60's during the day and 40's at night. This ride will have access to the national trail system plus a few of the different training facilities. A couple are only usually used for military training. There is also a range and in the National Forest so so me fun can be had there too.  

Interesting.....  And What Up Jer!!  I hope your travails are behind you, bro.

Edited by kobbs_77

22 hours ago, kobbs_77 said:

Interesting.....  And What Up Jer!!  I hope your travails are behind you, bro.

Me too. The boats in the driveway getting looked over and I'm heading to the coast on Saturday. I plan to put it all behind me and hopefully when I get back I can just keep moving forward and not look back. 

• Like 2

On 8/2/2017 at 4:32 PM, ABadJeeper said:

Me too. The boats in the driveway getting looked over and I'm heading to the coast on Saturday. I plan to put it all behind me and hopefully when I get back I can just keep moving forward and not look back. 

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." - Lao Tzu

Just make that step one that's in the right direction and you're good to go.

Im down in myrtle beach and was just reading about uwharrie... was looking for a spot to take my boy out to while we are down here. 

56 minutes ago, Jkdad16 said:

Im down in myrtle beach and was just reading about uwharrie... was looking for a spot to take my boy out to while we are down here. 

I believe Uwharrie is pretty far from the coast 

16 minutes ago, Mike said:

I believe Uwharrie is pretty far from the coast 

Yea it looks like a solid 2 hour drive each way..... looking for something closer to here.

12 hours ago, Jkdad16 said:

Yea it looks like a solid 2 hour drive each way..... looking for something closer to here.

It's probably closer to 3 hours. Gulches is a really cool OHV park in SC but I think it is even further away from MB.

5 hours ago, ABadJeeper said:

It's probably closer to 3 hours. Gulches is a really cool OHV park in SC but I think it is even further away from MB.

You got anything closer to mb?

On 8/21/2017 at 5:04 PM, Jkdad16 said:

You got anything closer to mb?

Sorry for not seeing this sooner. But there is nothing I know of.