Disconnected Offroad
Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Buy a JK or Wait for a JL?

30 posts in this topic

That kills it for me.  That long of a wheelbase is too long to wheel most trails and if it can't haul the JK then it just becomes a handsome kinetic sculpture.

13 minutes ago, Bump said:

That kills it for me.  That long of a wheelbase is too long to wheel most trails and if it can't haul the JK then it just becomes a handsome kinetic sculpture.

Would tow a buggy, just sayin

IDK about that.  Trailer alone weighs around 2600 unless you go all aluminum.  Also I keep saying I really don't want a buggy.  I want at least a trail rig I can still drive on the street. 

• Like 1

I’m generally not a fan of buying a new model on its first year, model updates excluded.

The JL is a new design, so no 2018’s for me. I want to see the full menu first, and let them work out any kinks.

That said, I pay off my Wrangler in Q1 of 2018.  While I did have plans to return to a hothatch for mpg/sport/daily drive purposes, the idea of a Jeep pickup is just too good to pass on.

With as much wheeling as I do (which ain’t much) I don’t require the off-road specs that some of you desire. I just want the practicality, utility, and flexibility of the platform.

Id prefer a 4-dr truck, but a 2-dr might work with the option of a shell later on. I’d also be open to the turbo-4,.... but the diesel is interesting if it’s going to be affordable.

With money in the bank saved from payments, and a relative clean turn-in I should be set for a $30~35k purchase. We shall see about that in 2019.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2017 at 7:40 PM, Feuerdog said:

I’m generally not a fan of buying a new model on its first year, model updates excluded.

The JL is a new design, so no 2018’s for me. I want to see the full menu first, and let them work out any kinks.

That said, I pay off my Wrangler in Q1 of 2018.  While I did have plans to return to a hothatch for mpg/sport/daily drive purposes, the idea of a Jeep pickup is just too good to pass on.

With as much wheeling as I do (which ain’t much) I don’t require the off-road specs that some of you desire. I just want the practicality, utility, and flexibility of the platform.

Id prefer a 4-dr truck, but a 2-dr might work with the option of a shell later on. I’d also be open to the turbo-4,.... but the diesel is interesting if it’s going to be affordable.

With money in the bank saved from payments, and a relative clean turn-in I should be set for a $30~35k purchase. We shall see about that in 2019.

Wassup!!!!!!????!!!!!  I'm with you on your analysis.  I have two wildly impractical vehicles and am looking for something with greater utility as a DD.  A JL diesel pickup might be it.