Disconnected Offroad
Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Rausch Creek Fees Changing for 2018

From the Rausch Creek Facebook page:

2018 will bring some changes in fees to RCORP and we will explain why.  Just like your household bills slowly increase or the small business owners who read this, you have watched the small increases to insurance, workmans comp, etc..go up yearly.  Over the past 10 years we have been eating most of these small increases but we need to pass some of these costs over to our consumers.   Effective 1/1/18 there are changes to the park’s fees which look like this:

Daily vehicle fee is $50 which now INCLUDES the NE property.
Daily passenger fee is $10.   This had been $7 since 2010.
Membership fee is $20.   This had been $15 since 2010.
The Frequent Driver Pass will be $200 (pay for 4 visits, get the 5th free).  The Season Pass will be $450.

One other change is the memberships and trail passes.  They will now run on a calendar, or seasonal, year, with expirations of 12/31.   

Regarding the NE property, we’ve been told the pipeline construction should be done by spring and once we get the “all clear” we will re-open the impacted trails.   We also have some new trails planned on the NE and the West and South.

8 hours ago, HEAVYMETAL said:

I don't like that at all. It's bullshit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If they did something for people who renewed after a certain date it wouldn't bug me, unless I missed that

1 hour ago, rmm said:

If they did something for people who renewed after a certain date it wouldn't bug me, unless I missed that

From what I've read, current will be good until expired. But your next will be up in December.

So, if you got your membership at RTC, you'll be good until October. But, to wheel the rest of the year, you'll have to buy a new membership that expires at the end of the year.

13 hours ago, Mike said:

From what I've read, current will be good until expired. But your next will be up in December.

So, if you got your membership at RTC, you'll be good until October. But, to wheel the rest of the year, you'll have to buy a new membership that expires at the end of the year.

Id imagine they'll end up prorating it 

I got lucky this year, and my membership lasted until 10-31 

5 minutes ago, BEASTY said:

Should at least let you buy the pass online on Jan 1

I'd like to see a move to an annual membership and do away with the daily fees. More money up front, but it gives you more incentive to go back up. 

• Like 1

On 1/3/2018 at 8:47 AM, BEASTY said:

Should at least let you buy the pass online on Jan 1

I've suggested that to both RC and to AOAA.  Setup something on Eventbrite, pay your fee and whatever handling charge Eventbright requires, and just download the pass to your phone.

On 1/3/2018 at 8:56 AM, Mike said:

I'd like to see a move to an annual membership and do away with the daily fees. More money up front, but it gives you more incentive to go back up. 

They already do this.  You pay your membership fee and pay for an unlimited season pass.  I think the break-even is 10 trips though and you still have to wait in line to get your sticker and bracelet, so not much of an incentive to go this way unless you normally go a couple times a month (or at least religiously every month).

I'd definitely pay an incentive to not have to wait in line 

• Like 1

On 1/7/2018 at 11:17 PM, Bump said:

I've suggested that to both RC and to AOAA.  Setup something on Eventbrite, pay your fee and whatever handling charge Eventbright requires, and just download the pass to your phone.

They already do this.  You pay your membership fee and pay for an unlimited season pass.  I think the break-even is 10 trips though and you still have to wait in line to get your sticker and bracelet, so not much of an incentive to go this way unless you normally go a couple times a month (or at least religiously every month).

I was meaning more of an annual membership only. No more day passes. Each member is issued a member, displayed on your rig. No more daily check-ins. More of a membership / shared ownership feel.

Even with an annual pass there needs to be a check-in/out process of some kind so they know who is out on the trails in case of an emergency.

11 hours ago, Bump said:

Even with an annual pass there needs to be a check-in/out process of some kind so they know who is out on the trails in case of an emergency.

Sorry, I meant more of a daily registration as opposed to check-in. Hell, probably could do a cheap bar code scanner for checking in and out, like at a gym to keep track of who's on the trails any given day

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

Sorry, I meant more of a daily registration as opposed to check-in. Hell, probably could do a cheap bar code scanner for checking in and out, like at a gym to keep track of who's on the trails any given day

I was surprised to see them actually checking wristbands the weekend of the club comp

1 hour ago, rmm said:

I was surprised to see them actually checking wristbands the weekend of the club comp

My first time up there (2012 / 2013ish) we actually got checked out on a trail by a few staff on foot.