Disconnected Offroad
Sign in to follow this  
burak47

2016 Jeep rubicon t-case leaking

Hi all I need some help / insight on my t-case. I’ve been through 3 input shaft seals in the last month and all I get from the dealer is “sorry must have been a faulty seal from the manufacture” well what are the chances it was fixed 5 days ago and guess what it’s leaking again. Plz help with any ideas of what might be causing this seal to go so quick???? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The input seal is between the trans and the transfer case, this is the seal that's leaking?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I've never seen a seal wear out that quickly unless the shaft is loose, bent or nicked, or some kind of contaminant got in the oil.  I've also never experienced a bad seal from the manufacturer and, while I suppose it's possible, I also believe it would be detectable before installation.  I would chalk this up to bad installation, either misalignment of the transmission output shaft when reinstalling the transfer case, or not lubricating the seal, resulting in a tear in the wear surface. 

I would put the dealership on notice that if the problem isn't fixed this next visit you'll be contacting FCA corporate for assistance.  Also look into the NJ Lemon Law and see if it applies (http://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/News/Brochures/Lemon-Law-Road-to-Relief-Brochure.pdf).