Disconnected Offroad
Sign in to follow this  
Jkdad16

Shift points jacked up

So ill run down a quick history and see what everyone thinks.... my 16 has 69k miles on her, no problems until last week.

we did the lift, 3 1/2 and 35"s - no issues at first. Using the superchips flash cal tuner everything was programmed and working fine. A few weeks after the lift my abs light came on. Was reading a right rear passenger speed sensor. I replaced both. Lights still on. Talked woth a few ppl and general consensus was a broken wire which is common after a lift.

i scheduled for new gears, c gussets, ball joints and the abs light to get fixed at globex. Glenn and Mike are awesome, no problems at all with them. They installed all of the above and couldnt find a break in the wire for the abs so shes going back to get that taken care of on a later date.

My problem is that when i picked her up, she shifted hard from 2nd to 3rd and then bogged down in 3rd. Glenn had it looked at and what they came up with is the tuner is jacked up. They put it on the fancy diagnostic machine and found that its shifting from 2nd to 3rd but right to over drive. 

My question is - is it my tuner or is it related to my abs issue? And has anyone had an issue like this? 

Did you try turning the flashcal back to the stock tune and see if the problem still exists?

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Mike said:

Did you try turning the flashcal back to the stock tune and see if the problem still exists?

Yeah I'd put it back to stock and then reflash

• Like 1

Is it calling for 4th gear or just going right to 5th? Try shifting it manually and let me know what happened.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I did put it back to stock and reset it all up. Glen thinks the flashcal has to be updated. They are going to call superchips. And it does it in the manual mode as well, not as noticable but it still does it. :-\

1 hour ago, rich6700 said:

Is it calling for 4th gear or just going right to 5th? Try shifting it manually and let me know what happened.

From the sounds its going to third then 5th with in seconda then back to third. If i understood the tech properly. 

From the sounds its going to third then 5th with in seconda then back to third. If i understood the tech properly. 
Take it for a ride manually shifting it, then let me know what it's doing.