Disconnected Offroad
Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Dash Cams

Who uses a dash cam? Looking for both input for everyday recording as well as trying trail / wheeling video.

I have them in the front of the wife's Dodge, and front/rear in my truck since I commute on the parkway.  Anything specific you want to know? 

35 minutes ago, rmm said:

I have them in the front of the wife's Dodge, and front/rear in my truck since I commute on the parkway.  Anything specific you want to know? 

I like the idea of having one for the everyday driving, but would also like something that has good quality video for on the trails. Looking to see what are the better brands out there, what are the run times, power needs, etc. Pricing seems to be a wide range. 

I have the z-edgr z3 in my wife's and rear facing in mine, and the z3 plus front facing in mine. They all use a standard usb cable for power, and I have them plugged into an ignition on port in my truck.  They turn on with the truck, keeps it easy. 

They came with 32gb cards, which holds more than enough for using it as a dashcam.  For the trail, you might want to go bigger. They will only record in 3 or 5 min clips max, which would be annoying for a trail

I'm happy with the quality.  I had a minor fender bender a week ago, and it was easy to send to the police

• Like 1

This guy does some pretty good and fair reviews of stuff.

I just want basic 1080p dual cam functionality and the cam reviewed would fit that requirement easy.

Its too easy to spend too much ($300+) on a cam setup.

Ive been planning on picking up one like in this review for a little while now.

• Like 1

Is that dual camera two cameras or one pointing front and one pointing at the passenger compartment?  I didn't want one that had a view back at me too 

I have a Roav dash cam. I like it the only thing that's a pain in the ass is storing videos to your photo gallery.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

On 4/19/2018 at 2:22 PM, kobbs_77 said:

Camera with OBDII data overlay

https://www.waylens.com/horizon

That's pretty cool.  But $500? :lol:

I've used the Mobius Action Cam ( http://a.co/gQ9FKmV ) for years.  Very small but produces good quality video.  I prefer the standard version vs the wide-angle version.  And it was also well-liked by that Youtube guy Techmoan. 

Edited by Bump

On 5/4/2018 at 10:10 PM, Bump said:

That's pretty cool.  But $500? :lol:

I've used the Mobius Action Cam ( http://a.co/gQ9FKmV ) for years.  Very small but produces good quality video.  I prefer the standard version vs the wide-angle version.  And it was also well-liked by that Youtube guy Techmoan. 

Yeah, silly expensive.  I've seen them on Woot for $200 as refurbs.

Do GoPros have a dash cam setting? I know my $30 knock off does.

I believe so, yes.  But I've never actually owned a GoPro.  I can't see the value of spending more than a DSLR on such a device.