Disconnected Offroad
Sign in to follow this  
rmm

Drag link flip / track bar

Last weekend at the Rausch NJJC run I broke my track bar off and bent my hydro assist mount.  I was able to trade beer to a hill person from Jackson to weld the track bar back on, but the hydro mount was too busted to work, and my weekend of wheeling was over.  

Thinking it's a good time for a drag link flip and a new track bar bracket.  Anyone have anything in particular they'd recommend?  I'm inclined to do Artec for the trackbar/ram mount, and JKS for the drag link flip, but I'm open to other ideas

IMG_20180503_170702.jpg

I use Artec and Synergy.  Went with Synergy because I also have their track bar/sector shaft brace. 

How did you get by for so long without flipping before?  The bump steer must have been atrocious. 

1 hour ago, Bump said:

I use Artec and Synergy.  Went with Synergy because I also have their track bar/sector shaft brace. 

How did you get by for so long without flipping before?  The bump steer must have been atrocious. 

Low COG.  I'm on such low lift it's really not necessary, and since I went bigger for the 39s it's never really on the road to have bump steer

On 5/6/2018 at 5:52 PM, rmm said:

Last weekend at the Rausch NJJC run I broke my track bar off and bent my hydro assist mount.  I was able to trade beer to a hill person from Jackson to weld the track bar back on, but the hydro mount was too busted to work, and my weekend of wheeling was over.  

Thinking it's a good time for a drag link flip and a new track bar bracket.  Anyone have anything in particular they'd recommend?  I'm inclined to do Artec for the trackbar/ram mount, and JKS for the drag link flip, but I'm open to other ideas

I do recall you saying this wasn't necessary when I suggested it on another build thread..... :taunt:

Also..."hill person".  LMAO!!!!!

2 hours ago, kobbs_77 said:

I do recall you saying this wasn't necessary when I suggested it on another build thread..... :taunt:

Also..."hill person".  LMAO!!!!!

Might still just replace it with the artec stock upgrade out of spite :flipoff:

I really never had any bump steer , but the raised track bar gives me more room to move the hydro tabs up, which requires the drag link flip.  I might do a truss as well, even though I don't think it's necessary.  If I'm going to pull the axle it makes sense I guess

18 hours ago, rmm said:

Might still just replace it with the artec stock upgrade out of spite :flipoff:

I really never had any bump steer , but the raised track bar gives me more room to move the hydro tabs up, which requires the drag link flip.  I might do a truss as well, even though I don't think it's necessary.  If I'm going to pull the axle it makes sense I guess

Can you burn the truss in yourself?

7 hours ago, kobbs_77 said:

Can you burn the truss in yourself?

Naw, I'm going to pull the axle and take it to Tom at smashboogie to do the truss, track bar, and put new LCA skids in because mine are whipped.  

I'm getting a new level up as the hillbilly neighbor with a jeep on stands in the yard 

20 hours ago, rmm said:

Naw, I'm going to pull the axle and take it to Tom at smashboogie to do the truss, track bar, and put new LCA skids in because mine are whipped.  

I'm getting a new level up as the hillbilly neighbor with a jeep on stands in the yard 

You need a commode next to it or weeds tickling the frame for true hillbilly status.