Disconnected Offroad
Steve31

Jeep won’t start-help please

Hey all- so my Jeep Wrangler won’t start. It’s a 2011. I have power but nothing more. Won’t click or start at all. I think it is the starter but not sure what to check to ensure that it is actually that. Also, I now live in an apartment complex so I can’t work on a Jeep like I used to. Anyone have any ideas where to start and how to go about this? Or willing to lend a hand even with just some hand tools to work on it? I really appreciate and ideas or help!

2 minutes ago, Steve31 said:

Hey all- so my Jeep Wrangler won’t start. It’s a 2011. I have power but nothing more. Won’t click or start at all. I think it is the starter but not sure what to check to ensure that it is actually that. Also, I now live in an apartment complex so I can’t work on a Jeep like I used to. Anyone have any ideas where to start and how to go about this? Or willing to lend a hand even with just some hand tools to work on it? I really appreciate and ideas or help!

Do you have access to any type of voltage tester?

Not at the moment no. Can I get one as a loner from an auto parts store?

7 hours ago, Steve31 said:

Not at the moment no. Can I get one as a loner from an auto parts store?

Possibly? 

It would be to help rule out a battery issue or a grounding issue before going right to the starter, then of course to test the starter.

Does this Jeep sit for a while? 

37 minutes ago, rich6700 said:

Where do you live?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

He's in Philly now

7 hours ago, rich6700 said:

Where do you live?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Bala cynwd 

7 hours ago, Mike said:

Possibly? 

It would be to help rule out a battery issue or a grounding issue before going right to the starter, then of course to test the starter.

Does this Jeep sit for a while? 

Yeah it does. I definitely should have started it more often. 

11 hours ago, Steve31 said:

Bala cynwd 

Sorry if asking the obvious, but it wouldn't take a jump either?

12 hours ago, Steve31 said:

Bala cynwd 

With no click, that's why I was kind of leaning towards a battery issue. Batteries seem to just die at the end of their life anymore, loosing it's cranking ability without warning. I'd at least pull the battery out and get it tested at an Auto Zone / Advanced Auto type of place first before throwing any money at it.

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

With no click, that's why I was kind of leaning towards a battery issue. Batteries seem to just die at the end of their life anymore, loosing it's cranking ability without warning. I'd at least pull the battery out and get it tested at an Auto Zone / Advanced Auto type of place first before throwing any money at it.

Before that, I'd buy a small lithium ion jump box.  They're so cheap, everyone should have one.

Try disconnecting the battery over night. I've had the same issue before I added the bully dog and I've disconnected the battery overnight and it worked.

Photo for the hell of it. Lmao.2cc11919bd98996b34c1afb50cdbcdef.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I had to replace my starter last year? I think. The starter solenoid wouldn’t kick the gear into the flywheel.

It barely made any “click” noise at all.

It took me about an hour of frustration to replace it.

IF it’s not the starter and solenoid itself, then it may be a starter relay if some kind, but I’m not sure.

Is your engine the 3.8L?

What's the word Steve? 

• Like 1