Disconnected Offroad
Dan

08/18-08/20

UPDATE: Bertha just shat the bed. HARD.  Tech pulled almost 20 codes and errors. Yeesh. Still going, but I'm gonna be blacktop only this weekend. 

UPDATE: Bertha just shat the bed. HARD.  Tech pulled almost 20 codes and errors. Yeesh. Still going, but I'm gonna be blacktop only this weekend. 

Can't make it. Working in Red Bank this weekend. I'll be staying in Belmar if anyone is in the area..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What is the status of the trail ride on Sunday? If it’s still happening, when and where are we meeting up?

9 hours ago, SidSpider said:

What is the status of the trail ride on Sunday? If it’s still happening, when and where are we meeting up?

I don't know who's all making it to Wharton 

Better news. Jeep isnt nearly as bad as I first thought.  I still have a pretty wicked exhaust leak and a few other issues that need to be addressed sooner rather than later.

Going to see what if anything Ican get sorted out before tomorrow. Tough to do since I'm in Paraguay and monile phone connections can be spotty at best even in the city. I'll still be rolling in the Jeep but probably not a good idea for me to be running too many trails. 

Can I get to camp in a car?
Might take a trip down depending on how the day goes..
It would be nice to see everyone.

Can I get to camp in a car?
Might take a trip down depending on how the day goes..
It would be nice to see everyone.

Yes you can get a car in there.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've got to work Saturday and Sunday but plan on being  at Batona in the evening on Sunday

I'll be perfectly happy hanging around the campsite relaxing and telling stories.  If we don't make it out on the trails I wont be too heartbroken over it.  Wharton hasn't been the same place that we remember lately.  

Mike,

I ended up booking the group campsite at Batona today, it wasn't booked yet.  The campsite looks like it is going to be pretty empty Sunday night which is a plus. Still, I don't think throwing any kegs in the fire will be a good idea. 

• Like 1

Holy Fuck, I'm tired. Got on a plane this morning at 1230AM and just got back to US soil via the flight from hell. No chance of me hitting the beach for night fishing tonite. 

who is planning on meeting at Cape May Point tomorrow?

53 minutes ago, Dan said:

Holy Fuck, I'm tired. Got on a plane this morning at 1230AM and just got back to US soil via the flight from hell. No chance of me hitting the beach for night fishing tonite. 

who is planning on meeting at Cape May Point tomorrow?

I will be there late afternoon / before sunset. I talked to @Gruf and he's coming to fish too.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I will be there late afternoon / before sunset. I talked to @Gruf and he's coming to fish too.

Mike, I may have to boogie home first thing Sunday. I thought my wife got home late next Saturday. Nope, she changed it to Tuesday because it was cheaper. Fucks me out of 4 work days in my kitchen. 

23 minutes ago, Dan said:

Mike, I may have to boogie home first thing Sunday. I thought my wife got home late next Saturday. Nope, she changed it to Tuesday because it was cheaper. Fucks me out of 4 work days in my kitchen. 

So, no Wharton?

I wanna wheel on  Saturday  or Sunday . Anyone else who does contact me Saturday morning ,. This sounds like fun 

• Like 1

I'm going to try and make it to camp Saturday night for a visit.
Unfortunately the jeep is staying home. 20b8a445d1828444bc86d9e52227a2f1.jpg

2 hours ago, Mike said:

So, no Wharton?

The adult in me says no. The teenager in me says Blow up a (nother) keg

14 minutes ago, funjester said:

I'm going to try and make it to camp Saturday night for a visit.
Unfortunately the jeep is staying home. 20b8a445d1828444bc86d9e52227a2f1.jpg

BTW, FYI:,Camp on Saturday is at CMP, not at Wharton. 

34 minutes ago, WARDY said:

I wanna wheel on  Saturday  or Sunday . Anyone else who does contact me Saturday morning ,. This sounds like fun 

Walt, if you're in, we can do a Beachside saltwater seafood boil on Saturday afternoon/ evening. Shop at the Lobster Haus and have an awesome dinner. How many heads for food are we?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, funjester said:

emoji15.pngemoji22.png

Don't be a bitch. Are you in for Dinner on the beach just after sunset Saturday?

• Like 1

Not all my choice. I have a friend with me to help get the work done before all the fun.
Send me a location and ima do my best for sure. Check you pm's in a min.

Don't be a bitch. Are you in for Dinner on the beach just after sunset Saturday?

6 minutes ago, funjester said:

Not all my choice. I have a friend with me to help get the work done before all the fun.
Send me a location and ima do my best for sure. Check you pm's in a min.

try to be on the CMP beach by 9

• Like 1

So, the beach was great!

Until about 11:30 PM when the first storm rolled in. Dan and Gruf found shelter in their tents. I timed everything out just a little too wrong and found shelter in my Jeep just after a thorough soaking. 

Storms kept coming, and I bailed around 2am. Gruf and Dan stayed, Gruf mostly because he had lost his keys. But, after all the rain and a morning visit from the cops, both of them have left as well. (I'll let them fill in those details)

So, safe to say our soggy asses will not be making it to Wharton today.