Jump to content
Disconnected Offroad
Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Rock the Clock 4, October 26 - 28, 2018

Recommended Posts

Rock the Clock 4 - Bald Eagle State Forest 

October 26 - 28, 2018

That's right, we're changing things up this year. RRC4 will be an overlanding style weekend of camping and wheeling in Bald Eagle State Forest in Pennsylvania. 

More information will be provided, but here's some basics:

Each vehicle will have to meet all street legal requirements such as registration and inspections. 

Each participant will have to be self-sufficient for their camping and food needs.

Camping for this trip is free. I am asking for everyone to plan on keeping their camp setups small so we can accommodate everyone. If at all possible, please try to tent camp versus bringing trailers. If you need to bring a trailer, please be willing to book your own near by campsite, again they are free. Based on the size of the group, we may have to grab a few sites anyway. 10 people is the key number to stay under to keep off the park office's radar and avoid needing a special use permit. This means that I may be booking a site for 6, having someone else book for another 6, etc.

Again, more info will be coming, but this will be a very casual weekend. 

Also, this trip will only be posted here. I am not putting it on Facebook or other social media. 

Reply below if your are attending. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Let me know what campsite you book and I'll book an adjacent site as I will be bringing my trailer.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Hope people enjoy it, but I don't have the inclination or the vehicle for overlanding 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
10 minutes ago, Bump said:

Let me know what campsite you book and I'll book an adjacent site as I will be bringing my trailer.

 

👍

I might shoot for the same area we stayed in lasted time. It was pretty easy to get to & @Phoenix will be arriving after dark since he has to grab Jack from college. He's not bringing the trailer and is tenting or tarping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
20 minutes ago, rmm said:

Hope people enjoy it, but I don't have the inclination or the vehicle for overlanding 

The area we will be camping is accessible by most vehicles. You can always come then hop in with someone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
6 hours ago, bigtom said:

In

@Nascar won't be there to bleed on your tire this time. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

I've got half an idea to bring the bike and leave the Jeep/Trailer at home.  :hmm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
6 hours ago, Bump said:

I've got half an idea to bring the bike and leave the Jeep/Trailer at home.  :hmm:

That sounds like a great time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 

Make sure everyone brings some firewood with them. It gets cold at night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Thinking about this.  The problem is the Giants are home v. the 'Skins at 1PM.  If this were last year, the choice not to go to the game would be easy :disgusted:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
4 hours ago, kobbs_77 said:

Thinking about this.  The problem is the Giants are home v. the 'Skins at 1PM.  If this were last year, the choice not to go to the game would be easy :disgusted:

On the plus side, both teams still suck, so just come. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
On 9/11/2018 at 10:06 PM, Mike said:

On the plus side, both teams still suck, so just come. :lol:

Prob will.  If Bump comes.  I'll bring the 4gal gas container.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
14 hours ago, Jkdad16 said:

Hows the terrain? 35"s and lift doable? 

Last time we did it, everyone but me was on 35's or less.  You're all good.  It does get effin' cold though.  14 degrees overnight, but that was what, November?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
6 hours ago, kobbs_77 said:

Last time we did it, everyone but me was on 35's or less.  You're all good.  It does get effin' cold though.  14 degrees overnight, but that was what, November?

I was on stock Rubicon tires and did fine. It's like Wharton with some rocks, elevation changes, and good scenery. 

It didn't get that cold on the November trip. The February trip for Nascar's bachelor party, that was cold.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
3 hours ago, Mike said:

I was on stock Rubicon tires and did fine. It's like Wharton with some rocks, elevation changes, and good scenery. 

It didn't get that cold on the November trip. The February trip for Nascar's bachelor party, that was cold.

Was I on the Feb trip?  I remember waking up to frozen water.  Also, was that the trip when the ranger harassed Martin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Yes, he didn’t have a current inspection or something.

I was on 33”s and was fine.

Negro hollow? trail had some deep ruts the one trip but nothing needing straps or winches.

There were some loose rocky bits in areas, but again, pretty much green trail rating everywhere.

Its more of a scenic area with some nice views.

That powerline trail coming back from Kammedinger? was a fun view.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On 9/14/2018 at 11:09 PM, kobbs_77 said:

Was I on the Feb trip?  I remember waking up to frozen water.  Also, was that the trip when the ranger harassed Martin?

You made the November trip. The February trip was 30°+ colder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×