Disconnected Offroad
Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Disconnected Offroad Freshwater Fishing Tournament - Spring 2019

Would anyone be interested in participating in a little friendly fishing tournament this spring? It would be at a freshwater lake in south Jersey. Either total number of fish caught or total length with a $10 buy in, winner takes all, and maybe a side bet or two for a lunker prize. Possibly a gathering afterwards at a local brewery. Right now I am looking at Saturday, April 20th as a date (day before Easter).

• Like 1

Does anyone have experience with the iCatch app?

https://icatchapp.com/

I was thinking about giving it a try for this tournament. Basically it lets you photo and measure your catches and keeps a leaderboard for the tournament. Plus acts as a timer if we need it..

Some more information. 

This will be multi species tournament. You catch it, it counts.

Yes, you will need a NJ fishing license. 

The lake I am thinking about is Haddon Lake in Mt. Ephraim, NJ. The lake is a trout stocked lake. This will be about 2 or 3 weeks after opening day, so there should still be some available to catch. If you want to target trout, make sure to have your stamp. Also, this lake was stocked with bass last year for the Mike Iconelli kids tournament. That tournament is the week after our date this year, so I wouldn't be surprised if they stock again. 

Yes, Jim ,with the 88Comanche is in. Jon boat with electric trolling motor allowed?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jnd said:

Yes, Jim ,with the 88Comanche is in. Jon boat with electric trolling motor allowed?

No. It's a small lake, about 75 acres. 

Per the county park website:

• 1 Public Boat Launch – small car top only, no motors permitted

For anyone who doesn't have a NJ fishing license or hasn't had one in years, New Jersey does offer a Buddy license program that you can take advantage of. Basically if you are new, you can get your first license for 1/2 off if you go with someone who has an existing license. Might be worth it if you are thinking about coming along for this tournament. 

1. Two residents, non-residents, or one each - neither of whom have purchased an annual NJ fishing licenses since 2010.

The regular and "Buddy License" fees are as follows:

License Regular Price "Fishing Buddy" Price
Resident Fishing $22.50 $11.75
Non-Resident Fishing $34.00 $17.50
All-Around Sportsman $72.25 $62.50

The following conditions apply to purchasing the new, discounted "Buddy" license:

• Discount price is applied to both the current and “Buddy License" buyers.
  • The Buddy Fishing License is available ONLY at license agents; cannot be purchased online.
  • BOTH anglers must be present at the time of purchase.
  • Like 1

Very interested.  Do you know if there is anyplace nearby to rent a canoe / kayak for the day?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gruf said:

Very interested.  Do you know if there is anyplace nearby to rent a canoe / kayak for the day?

Nothing close that I can think of 

@Gruf this looks to be the closest https://sites.google.com/site/cowboymikescanoerental/home at Cooper River. 

Edited by Mike

22 hours ago, Gruf said:

I can’t make this because the day before Easter is really busy. I do have a bunch of kayaks and couple canoes if anyone wants to use them. Not exactly close but free. 

• Like 1