Disconnected Offroad
Sign in to follow this  
Mike

35" Tires - Let's See Them

Let's see your 35" tires.  But, more importantly since this is the Tech section, why did you choose them & what mods did you do to run them?

For now. I went 35's because I'm in an LJ and it doesn't have the room the JK's have, I will be doing a big axle upgrade in the future and go to 4d's as Perry would say.

Posted Image

Chose 35s this time as I wanted to be a bit bigger than the 33s I had on Hobbes.

I felt comfortable buying 35s because I was on 44s front and back.  I won't go larger until I gusset and truss.

I know that bigger tires will bend all sorts of stuff.  Still trying to understand if gusset and truss will be all that is needed.

If I had anything less than the 44s front and rear, I wouldn't even think of 35s without at least a gusset.  That is my opinion, based on others experience, and shouldn't be confused with knowledge.

Hey Phoenix, grab the Artec armor kit from JustJeepGear and bring it over for a day then you won't have to worry as much.

Hey Phoenix, grab the Artec armor kit from JustJeepGear and bring it over for a day then you won't have to worry as much.

Brian, is it one day per axle?

Why did you choose them:

- I was obsessed with running 35s, and wasn't able to get new. Lunkhead Rob was looking to sell his jeep and go back to stock. I traded mine for his wheels with worn Nitto Extreme MTs (First pic). 6 months later I bought new tires due to dry rot concerns. I got Federal Couragia MTs (35x12.5x18) at just under $200/tire. (Second pic). When these bad boys wear out, I'm hoping to get 16" Procomp 7069 wheels and 35" KM2s.

What mods did you do to make them work:

- The often-maligned Terrible-Flex 2.5" Coil Lift (Alien10 Install).

- Pinch seam trim.

Advice: Delay gratification when possible to get what you want.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Brian, is it one day per axle?

I could do a front and rear truss and have you rolling in a day yes

I could do a front and rear truss and have you rolling in a day yes

Enabler.

How are your March weekends looking?

• Like 1

Enabler. How are your March weekends looking?

I should be in class by then so I'll be working 0700-1530, Monday through Friday. I like to help people make their rigs better...ok I'm an enabler lol
  • Like 2

I was gonna say the same thing tom. Bead broke for a sec for the hair to be trapped in there. Might have lost a few lbs of air.