Mike

37" Tires (and larger) - Let's See Them

78 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, rmm said:

I don't know if I'm ready to get tall enough for 40s.  I'd risk my axle setup as is though probably.  

I run them with a 4.5 Clayton.  They rubbed with stock axles and RockMonsters (I ran that setup for 90 days or so until the new axles were finished), but those wheels had terrible backspacing (4.63") which is why I ditched them for the B.A.D.'s. That said, I think there'd be no rubbing if I used spacers with the stock axle setup.  What do you run now?  If anything, you're limited steering stops should help limit/eliminate contact with the frame.

16 minutes ago, kobbs_77 said:

I run them with a 4.5 Clayton.  They rubbed with stock axles and RockMonsters (I ran that setup for 90 days or so until the new axles were finished), but those wheels had terrible backspacing (4.63") which is why I ditched them for the B.A.D.'s. That said, I think there'd be no rubbing if I used spacers with the stock axle setup.  What do you run now?  If anything, you're limited steering stops should help limit/eliminate contact with the frame.

I have a 3" full traction lift with mostly rockkrawler arms at this point.  I picked up some spacers because my coils are so sagged at this point.  I could tuck 38s right now I think and had planned to either go there or to 37" krawlers, 40s might be interesting.  my wheels are 4.5" basckspacing

axle is stock rubi w/ c gussets and i have ten factory shafts waiting for installation.  the rear is the stock 44 w/ a 35 spline ARB.  

I'm very interested obviously

You'd need 1" spacers and your unit bearings will curse you every damn day, but springs are cheap....