Disconnected Offroad
HEAVYMETAL

Motor oil

Mobil 1.  5W-30 ($27 for 6 qts. at Costco). Purolator PureOne PL36135.  It gets changed when the Jeep tells me to.

• Like 2

Royal Purple 32530 HPS 5W-30 High Performance Street Synthetic Motor Oil with Synerlec $8.03 qt

Purolator L36135 Classic Oil Filter $7.26

3.5 - 5 K miles between oil changes, air filter clean out (K&N), and tire rotation

No consumption issues

I just did an oil change last month with mobile one 5-30, first time with synth, no consumption what so ever for the first time. We'll worth the money so far. I'm just using a regular molar filter.

Mobil 1 5w/30 seems I'm using a quart every 1500 miles. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk . Rich

I like Amsoil products. Been using then in all my vehicles and bikes for several years now. In the jk I've been using whatever synthetic I could get on sale. Right now there is castrol syntec 5w-20 with a purolator filter. Uses a little oil but not enough to cause alarm. I believe you can't go wrong with any group III base synthetic oil that you can get from any auto parts store or Wal Mart.

Mobil 1. 5W-30 ($27 for 6 qts. at Costco). Purolator PureOne PL36135. It gets changed when the Jeep tells me to.

The cheaper the oil change the better. Black Friday Pep Boys has either Mobil or Castrol on sale for $4-5 per quart. I'm thinking about moving up from 5w-20 to 5w-30 or 10w-30 next oil change.

Mobil 1 5w-30 Mobil 1 filter Change every 4k 60k + No consumption issues thus far.

Ditto but with 50k.

Yea. I switched to amsoil curtesy of a nice friendly guy. 10w30 xl went 3000 miles, changed to amsoil zrod 10w30 this time. Wanted to see what all the hype was about with the zinc additive. Supposed to help with lubricity on older engines, figured I'd give it a go and see how the oil drained. I've been pretty religious with oil changes, and my oil still comes out clearish...

The best way to find out how your oil of choice is treating your engine is to send a sample out to www.blackstone-labs.comThey will send you a kit in the mail with complete instructions.

Edited by HEAVYMETAL

5-30 of whatever's on sale (filter also) at autozone, every 3 k

Same here. No consumption issues I know of but I don't really check:lol: Is this thing on?

Valvoline Syntec here. Gotta watch that it is a Chrysler certified replacement (says online usually) if you want to stay under warranty....or so they say. 

Just changed the jeep over to amsoil 5w30 XL and a WIX filter. I may send it out for an oil analysis in a few thousand to see how it does. Sent from my Obama phone using Tapatalk

Edited by HEAVYMETAL

Amsoil 10-30 signature here with the 15K mile Amsoil filters too. I usually run it for 7500 miles and it comes out almost looking like new. I then put it in the lawn mower or give it to a buddy for his oil heater.

Amsoil 10-40 cause I had it left over....will switch to Amsoil 10-30 at the next change.  Changed to Amsoil after 1000 miles.  Only have 2500 on there now....so it may take a while to get to 7500.

With the Amsoil filter

Just a little point of info for those with the new Pentastar motors.

2012's are recommended for 5w30

2013's switched to 5w20.  

Castrol edge professional oe 5w20 because I get it free.

Mopar filter

Change it every year which is usually 150-200 miles.

I don't think it uses any oil.

Edited by Spedly

Valvoline 5w20 from Walmart ($15 for 5 quart, $4.95 for 1 quart)

Mopar filter

Change it every 3,000 miles.

Add a quart about every 1,500 miles.