Mike

What did you do to your Jeep today?

5,175 posts in this topic

Did you know that your front door will hold 3 gallons of water and your rear door 2 gallons when you clog the drain holes with mud?  Does anyone else even know the location of their door drain holes?  Did anyone else know that there's a hole in the door near the latch that will let you hose off the inside of the door and that the door can hold copious amounts of mud too?

5 people like this

5 hours ago, kobbs_77 said:

Did you know that your front door will hold 3 gallons of water and your rear door 2 gallons when you clog the drain holes with mud?  Does anyone else even know the location of their door drain holes?  Did anyone else know that there's a hole in the door near the latch that will let you hose off the inside of the door and that the door can hold copious amounts of mud too?

I knew none of this. Thanks for the info

Not my half doors.
1 person likes this

On 6/5/2017 at 4:50 PM, Mike said:

Finally re-connecting after 3 years

20170605_162515.jpg

What is that for?

48 minutes ago, Jeep Momma said:

What is that for?

Manual replacement for my electronic swaybar disconnect. I pushed the button once 3 years ago and it never locked back in.

5 hours ago, BEASTY said:

Not my half doors. emoji23.png

Not mine either

Manual replacement for my electronic swaybar disconnect. I pushed the button once 3 years ago and it never locked back in.

I pulled the motor from mine a few years ago BEFORE it could short out and cause problems. (Around the time Nascar fought with the dealership before walking into their shop and cutting his out ADA (against dealership advice)). I installed that EVO Disconnect as well. Just keep a wrench handy as sometimes it's hard to turn it initially and needs a little help.
1 person likes this

Finally got around to replacing the faulty turn signal stick. Stops the random interior light coming on/off over bumps problem.

e75244be4645f07bacd5531595b812df.jpgdbc32c1cb471d78e82a849aba4c78026.jpg

3 people like this

Brake booster has been hissing for a few months so today I replaced it. 7d0a7ad25fdd8e99e208f07cc8eb1be8.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, Trunk Monkey said:

I pulled the motor from mine a few years ago BEFORE it could short out and cause problems. (Around the time Nascar fought with the dealership before walking into their shop and cutting his out ADA (against dealership advice)). I installed that EVO Disconnect as well. Just keep a wrench handy as sometimes it's hard to turn it initially and needs a little help.

I packed mine with some waterproof grease and maintain every 3 ish years.  All good.

24 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

I packed mine with some waterproof grease and maintain every 3 ish years.  All good.

Still wrapped in a plastic bag or did you find another solution?

21 hours ago, rich6700 said:

Brake booster has been hissing for a few months so today I replaced it. 7d0a7ad25fdd8e99e208f07cc8eb1be8.jpg

Did you have to bleed the ABS pump?  I paid the dealership to do mine because I understand that requires a special StarScan procedure.

Did you have to bleed the ABS pump?  I paid the dealership to do mine because I understand that requires a special StarScan procedure.

Your not opening the brake system, so there is no need to bleed the brakes.

I still need to get mine bleed. She stops well but the pedal is a little soft.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I finally wired the rear locker.

IMAG3909.jpg

6 people like this

I drove it 400 miles @ 70mph to WV

3 people like this

Did some front end maintenance and greasing. Installed an Evo electronic sway bar delete and found out the gears and the mechanical side are also shot. Think I am going to just swap the entire sway bar with a stock non-rubicon one and just unbolt the links when wheeling. I always unbolt anyway, so no realreason to bother withrebuilding the gears.

Yes, it was filledwith water. 

20170610_113538.jpg

20170610_213748.jpg

20170610_213818.jpg

Rebuilt the solenoids on my winch again. Shorted out when I pulled it back in. What a piece of shit.   Cleaned the connections for my front locker too, which didn't get to engage. Not a very successful day. 

Installed the mobile gmrs radio. Back to a stealth install. So easy to put here, especially with the cigarette outlet already in the console. Antenna came with plenty of cable to reach from the tailgate mount. Taking advantage of the external speaker I never took out of the roll bar padding. 

20170610_215216.jpg

20170610_215246.jpg

1 person likes this

On 6/8/2017 at 7:39 AM, Mike said:

Still wrapped in a plastic bag or did you find another solution?

For the part that the e-disconnect attaches, packed with whatever grease is used for electrical, wrapped in cling wrap, and then duct tape.  

1 person likes this

I mounted the 3rd brake light

And yesterday I bought/ordered a set of fenders at the beach.

IMAG3951.jpg

IMAG3952.jpg

2 people like this

Crawler concepts.

Maybe second guessing myself but they'll be fine. A lot of places for mud build up.

2 people like this

21 hours ago, WARDY said:

Crawler concepts.

Maybe second guessing myself but they'll be fine. A lot of places for mud build up.

WHere are you gonna find mud?

I can find mud. There's a few little runs near home.