Disconnected Offroad
Mike

What did you do to your Jeep today?

Anyone know a good place to get line x'd or possibly rhinolined? I called the most local line x dealer, and they quoted 800-1000 for the tub. Was like wtf? Is that just how much it costs or is autodogz in ch hill area gauging me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, jerseydevil said:

Anyone know a good place to get line x'd or possibly rhinolined? I called the most local line x dealer, and they quoted 800-1000 for the tub. Was like wtf? Is that just how much it costs or is autodogz in ch hill area gauging me?

Just my two cents, the heat in the linexed Jeep can really suck. 

Just my two cents, the heat in the linexed Jeep can really suck. 

I was looking through the forums, and happened to see posts from your rig's previous owner when he has it done. Good feedback - thanks man. Not a done deal yet

11 hours ago, jerseydevil said:

That's about what it runs. It's not cheap.

Removing the carpet lets a lot of heat in, on the road I think its bearable but when moving slow over rocks it can get annoying. I would also guess no bare feet

14 hours ago, jerseydevil said:

I was looking through the forums, and happened to see posts from your rig's previous owner when he has it done. Good feedback - thanks man. Not a done deal yet

I think he sent me some of the more detailed ones that he didn't post too.  

People don't like the noise either, but my tires have always been too loud to notice.  

On a hot day wheeling its close to unbearable, even with the AC on

13 hours ago, bigtom said:

That's about what it runs. It's not cheap.

Removing the carpet lets a lot of heat in, on the road I think its bearable but when moving slow over rocks it can get annoying. I would also guess no bare feet

7 minutes ago, rmm said:

I think he sent me some of the more detailed ones that he didn't post too.  

People don't like the noise either, but my tires have always been too loud to notice.  

On a hot day wheeling its close to unbearable, even with the AC on

I haven't had carpet for a very long time and no bedliner either.  I do, however, have the thick rubber Mopar mats with the tire tread pattern.  They work really well as long as you keep the drain plugs in.  No mat and no plug feels like a blowtorch is under the drain hole. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, kobbs_77 said:

I haven't had carpet for a very long time and no bedliner either.  I do, however, have the thick rubber Mopar mats with the tire tread pattern.  They work really well as long as you keep the drain plugs in.  No mat and no plug feels like a blowtorch is under the drain hole. 

No carpet and same mats, but with a nice heel hole. Carpet is only out because the soft top leaks so bad. 

I actually like having carpet over bed liner. I really like the Bedrug kits. 

11 hours ago, Mike said:

No carpet and same mats, but with a nice heel hole. Carpet is only out because the soft top leaks so bad. 

I actually like having carpet over bed liner. I really like the Bedrug kits. 

I'll sell you my bedrug kit for cheap.  Pulled the carpets to put that stuff in.  It lasted a few months before i pulled it out.

33 minutes ago, kobbs_77 said:

I'll sell you my bedrug kit for cheap.  Pulled the carpets to put that stuff in.  It lasted a few months before i pulled it out.

Really? What was the dislike? 

14 minutes ago, Mike said:

Really? What was the dislike? 

It kept getting mud and water between the carpet and the floor so I'd have to pull the Bedrug anyway so fuck it.  I'm a candidate for bedliner for sure, I just don't care that much at the moment.  I'd rather spend the $$ on a three-link Clayton front with Pro Arms and new Pro Arms for the rear...which for me cost less than a bedliner job since I already have most of the stuff. I just needed the arms.

https://www.claytonoffroad.com/jeep_wrangler_pro_series_3_link_long_arm_upgrade_kit_2007_2011_jk

Edited by kobbs_77
  • Like 1

On 7/10/2017 at 9:49 PM, kobbs_77 said:

I wouldn't have expected the mats to make much difference, but it sounds worth trying out 

1 hour ago, rmm said:

I wouldn't have expected the mats to make much difference, but it sounds worth trying out 

The tunnel gets a little toasty, but I didn't really have a problem when using the mats and it was almost exactly a year ago when I drove to Seattle damn near non-stop.

11 hours ago, kobbs_77 said:

The tunnel gets a little toasty, but I didn't really have a problem when using the mats and it was almost exactly a year ago when I drove to Seattle damn near non-stop.

Do you know off hand which ones you're using?  I didn't realize you got rid of the bed rug

3 hours ago, rmm said:

Do you know off hand which ones you're using?  I didn't realize you got rid of the bed rug

Using these guys, but I imagine any of the Q-Tec rubber units would work.  I don't know if it was intentional, but I think the thick rubber with the air pockets that result from the 3D tread makes for a nice air barrier.  On the ones I have the tunnel does get hot and there's no coverage. but I never found it to be a real problem.  These are the ones that came with my Jeep.

76466.jpg

However.  If I were buying new, I would buy these as there's a little bit of a rollup edge that will help reach up the tunnel sides.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/14254_0304_07.htm

193966.jpg

1 hour ago, kobbs_77 said:

Using these guys, but I imagine any of the Q-Tec rubber units would work.  I don't know if it was intentional, but I think the thick rubber with the air pockets that result from the 3D tread makes for a nice air barrier.  On the ones I have the tunnel does get hot and there's no coverage. but I never found it to be a real problem.  These are the ones that came with my Jeep.

76466.jpg

However.  If I were buying new, I would buy these as there's a little bit of a rollup edge that will help reach up the tunnel sides.

193966.jpg

I've book marked the second ones. Thank you. First I have to figure out what I want to do for my front locker

19 hours ago, kobbs_77 said:

76466.jpg

193966.jpg

I have the second ones as well, am bedlined, no rugs, and don't really notice the heat from the floor.  They are stiff enough so you can remove them and all the "debris" doesn't fall off.  I load up one of them when "cleaning" the jeep and then take it to the trashcan.  Easy peazy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phoenix said:

I have the second ones as well, am bedlined, no rugs, and don't really notice the heat from the floor.  They are stiff enough so you can remove them and all the "debris" doesn't fall off.  I load up one of them when "cleaning" the jeep and then take it to the trashcan.  Easy peazy

Mine has a heel hole in the driver side, so all dirt ends up on the floor anyway. But, it does help block the heat whenI have my flipflops on.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Mine has a heel hole in the driver side, so all dirt ends up on the floor anyway. But, it does help block the heat whenI have my flipflops on.

How many miles do you have on those mats?  Mine look like new after 50K

34 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Same here...and I have the 6SP at 60K+ miles.

43 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

8 minutes ago, kobbs_77 said:

Same here...and I have the 6SP at 60K+ miles.

12k from the first Jeep, 36k in this Jeep. But the hole has been there for a while. Work boot problems.

• Like 2

I picked up 2 rugged ridge cube knock off lights for 50 bucks today at the York show.94019c88b64ce95f65dd1750bf52cb18.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I mounted my new duallies I picked up at the LII jeep night. And plastered a bunch of stickers.

IMAG4015.jpg

IMAG4014.jpg

• Like 4