Disconnected Offroad
Mike

What did you do to your Jeep today?

5,248 posts in this topic

On 9/3/2017 at 10:02 AM, Mike said:

Realized I never posted an update on my latest stabilizer issue. Turns out it was all my fault. After RTC last year I had lost the mounting bolt for the clamp. Turns out the replacement I got was the right size, wrong thread, hence why it kept backing out and stripping. New clamp to replace the stripped one, plus a properly torqued track bar and all is well. I still have a little more shimmy than I'd like, but most of that is mental (anyone who's had death wobble knows that anticipating feeling) and some tie rod end wear that I will be working on next. 

At this point I just know when the front end is loose enough to go into "DW" if I've got money to fix it I get in front of it if not it becomes my daily driving nightmare until I have some cash.

This reminds me I need to go see some friends with a shop. 

• Like 2

I painted my wheel Wells and trim with the new fenders..

IMAG4157.jpg

IMAG4248.jpg

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, rmm said:

IMG_20171022_172626.jpg

IMG_20171022_153208.jpg

Orange is a cool color under there.

I don't have an unlimited wrangler sport any more.

IMAG4251.jpg

IMAG4252.jpg

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, WARDY said:

I don't have an unlimited wrangler sport any more.

IMAG4251.jpg

IMAG4252.jpg

I ended up buying a drill attachment to do this 

looks a lot cleaner w/o that mess there

I took it to cherry hill dodge to get the clock spring replaced. I now have a horn and the steering controls are operational again. Also no more airbag light. BTW the horn and air bag light aren't necessarily because of the clock spring but can be.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bigtom said:

I took it to cherry hill dodge to get the clock spring replaced. I now have a horn and the steering controls are operational again. Also no more airbag light. BTW the horn and air bag light aren't necessarily because of the clock spring but can be.

They give you any problems or anything? How long did it take?  I think I'll take mine after RTC. 

1 hour ago, rmm said:

They give you any problems or anything? How long did it take?  I think I'll take mine after RTC. 

They'll want check to see if it needs to be replaced and probably make separate appointments to check and then to replace but other than that no issues. I had dirt all over mine the first appointment.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2017 at 5:59 PM, rmm said:

IMG_20171022_153208.jpg

You need to spray them with chrome.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bump said:

You need to spray them with chrome.

You ever have problems with the high beams on your Chinese headlights?  One of mine is good, the other is bad

1 minute ago, rmm said:

You ever have problems with the high beams on your Chinese headlights?  One of mine is good, the other is bad

No, I don't have that problem.  Both of mine work equally bad.  By that I mean I can see they switch to high beam but they don't really throw any extra light.

I planned on hooking-up the light-bar to go on with the high beams but I haven't got around to it.

P.S., if it's not your wiring and you're past the Amazon return window, I'd just order another set and then send these back saying the new set was defective.  You'll never get any warranty service out of China.

9 minutes ago, Bump said:

No, I don't have that problem.  Both of mine work equally bad.  By that I mean I can see they switch to high beam but they don't really throw any extra light.

I planned on hooking-up the light-bar to go on with the high beams but I haven't got around to it.

My one that works does work very well.  I don't picture driving the jeep at night frankly, so I'm not too worried about it.  Those sweet sweet halos are working great for now 

• Like 2

Another step closer to the chopping block 31a14858d97063168982b6e2c151bd27.jpg67d3f61cb24b1be96a8ed55c9228152e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

P.S., if it's not your wiring and you're past the Amazon return window, I'd just order another set and then send these back saying the new set was defective.  You'll never get any warranty service out of China.

You obviously don’t try. If you write the company and tell them you’ll give a bad review on Amazon. You’ll have another set in your garage. Ask me how I know.

Another step closer to the chopping block 31a14858d97063168982b6e2c151bd27.jpg67d3f61cb24b1be96a8ed55c9228152e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

They offered you 6k the last time you tried to trade it in. How much do you think your going to get for it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, rich6700 said:

They offered you 6k the last time you tried to trade it in. How much do you think your going to get for it.

Got a new tail gate the other week  next is a hood and airbox then a cheap paint job. as long as they buy me out of my loan i dont care what else i get the way i look at it im saving my self 13k

18 minutes ago, myrojk said:

Got a new tail gate the other week  next is a hood and airbox then a cheap paint job. as long as they buy me out of my loan i dont care what else i get the way i look at it im saving my self 13k

I have a friend looking for a jeep, how much are you trying to get? 

Just now, rmm said:

I have a friend looking for a jeep, how much are you trying to get? 

loan buy out stands @ 14k be warned its leaking oil for the 5th time from the cam shaft sensor(drivers side) which the dealers "fixed 4 times"

Jeep needed to go on a diet, so I pulled the rock slide electric steps that I had added a hoop step to after they had broken for the 3rd time. Those things weighed probably 150 lbs each. I ordered a set of lod rock sliders at 68lbs each. I was up in the air about pulling the spare tire but since I have a compressor and a plug kit in the jeep that got deleted too.d103e56fa7db0aae63846b6a6a6f1d92.jpg

13 hours ago, rich6700 said:

Jeep needed to go on a diet, so I pulled the rock slide electric steps that I had added a hoop step to after they had broken for the 3rd time. Those things weighed probably 150 lbs each. I ordered a set of lod rock sliders at 68lbs each. I was up in the air about pulling the spare tire but since I have a compressor and a plug kit in the jeep that got deleted too.d103e56fa7db0aae63846b6a6a6f1d92.jpg

The LoD is a good choice.  I bashed the ever loving hell out of mine for years.  For JKX reasons, PSC's went on.  They lasted 3 days before getting bent so bad they impacted the body.  Both installs were frame welded.