Disconnected Offroad
Mike

What did you do to your Jeep today?

So, I tried to get my CB back up and running last night. Pretty much ruled everything out that the issue is most likely the radio itself. Going to try to get it bench tested at a shop and go from there. If it is dead, I'm sticking with gmrs only. I wanted to get the cb working again for Freakfest and other runs where I'm trail guiding, since it's still the more common Jeep comms, but not dumping any more money at it.

I'm thinking that I might have fried the radio up at Rausch when I realized the coax for the antenna had came loose from the back of the radio.

Nice   and long over due. 

• Like 1

On 6/5/2018 at 7:58 AM, Mike said:

So, I tried to get my CB back up and running last night. Pretty much ruled everything out that the issue is most likely the radio itself. Going to try to get it bench tested at a shop and go from there. If it is dead, I'm sticking with gmrs only. I wanted to get the cb working again for Freakfest and other runs where I'm trail guiding, since it's still the more common Jeep comms, but not dumping any more money at it.

I'm thinking that I might have fried the radio up at Rausch when I realized the coax for the antenna had came loose from the back of the radio.

I have two CBs just sitting around if you want to try another.  Can meet up in Brigantine over the 4th if you're around then

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rmm said:

I have two CBs just sitting around if you want to try another.  Can meet up in Brigantine over the 4th if you're around then

Cool. I'll let you know 

Wheel alignment done. Pretty much everything was seized up. Took some heat and an extra 45 minutes of labor to get her done.

20180608_221709.jpg

Where'd you get that done? It's on my list. Yes, I know I can do it in my driveway but I don't trust myself to do it right.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Not today but a few ago. Brackets for mirrors when The doors are off. After thought, I hope they’re not in the way of the snorkel. 

BCEBBB0D-B747-40E1-ABF5-FF27BD96FE06.jpeg

2 hours ago, Kindred said:

Where'd you get that done? It's on my list. Yes, I know I can do it in my driveway but I don't trust myself to do it right.

First Rate Auto in Berlin on the White Horse Pike. Mine were beyond a driveway adjustment. Torches were needed. 

• Like 1

First Rate Auto in Berlin on the White Horse Pike. Mine were beyond a driveway adjustment. Torches were needed. 
Cool, thanks. I'll give them a call.

15 minutes ago, Kindred said:

Cool, thanks. I'll give them a call.

Standard alignment runs $125. If they go over an hour in labor, they may add on some more. 

Not today but a few ago. Brackets for mirrors when The doors are off. After thought, I hope they’re not in the way of the snorkel. 
BCEBBB0D-B747-40E1-ABF5-FF27BD96FE06.thumb.jpeg.b4d9172cc71269419038a1a3f664ce2f.jpeg
They are.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Today's project, rebuild rear drive shaft. The joints themselves where still good but the ball was dry.

1 minute ago, rich6700 said:

Today's project, rebuild rear drive shaft. The joints themselves where still good but the ball was dry.

michael-scott-the-office-thats-what-she-

• Like 2

Yesterday I got the hardtop off and put a bed rug in. I drove it to the ferry today, I’m looking forward to some nice days this summer!

937123C3-0F74-4716-91FD-876104C7CD67.jpeg

6DF54817-AB6B-4E8D-AC5C-2A7587BDC8EB.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Yet another one 

20180618_145645.jpg

Damn, road hazard warranty?