Jump to content
Disconnected Offroad
Mike

What did you do to your Jeep today?

Recommended Posts

Drove the Jeep to the parts store to get a battery for the car 🚗. Got to drive the car for the first time in 5 months. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Ongoing woodworking projects.....

I put the finishing touches on this lightweight rear overhead storage rack this week.

Pine board, stained black, HD zip-tied to roll bar in my 2-door. Probably good for about 50lbs of gear. It’s got a hinged back half for easy access.

If passengers need that headroom I can release the zip ties and flip it on top of the bars.

 

4799FA81-CE56-4856-88D7-40F49900C60F.jpeg

F7C4D870-6863-4C4D-BC27-60AA9BBAEBFA.jpeg

8FDB0945-32B8-4868-819C-16A34B2FC5D9.jpeg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Did what I could to put the air filter back in it's home. Cleaned the rust off the cage and repainted.  Fluid things.  

 

 

IMG_20180630_180127.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

I finally wrapped my Jeep 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
I finally wrapped my Jeep 
In what, frosting.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
3 hours ago, WARDY said:

I finally wrapped my Jeep 

Need pics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 

Little delayed but i have zero, yes 0 dash lights on! And got my cruise control back. Damn broken wire....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
7 hours ago, rich6700 said:

Pit on some hood struts the other day14cc290045578b3f0d5a74d5d15d08f4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
 

 

7 hours ago, rich6700 said:

Put on some hood struts.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
 

Old guy mod

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Still been trying to pinpoint a grind/rattle noise from under the Jeep. I had thought it was the front drive shaft, but pulled that off on Sunday and the noise is still there. I did notice that my trans mount bushings are a little off, going to re-center that. But I think I narrowed down the noise to my skid getting pushed up against the exhaust piping. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
11 hours ago, Mike said:

Still been trying to pinpoint a grind/rattle noise from under the Jeep. I had thought it was the front drive shaft, but pulled that off on Sunday and the noise is still there. I did notice that my trans mount bushings are a little off, going to re-center that. But I think I narrowed down the noise to my skid getting pushed up against the exhaust piping. 

I had a great one.  I was towing heavy with the Jeep a few years back.  I was on the parkway when a buzzing sound happened at a certain RPM.  It wasn't speed sensitive or load sensitive after that.  I thought it was a crank bearing, input shaft bearing or, worse, one of the TVS screws in the blower. A stethoscope to the crank, blower, etc. revealed nothing. No one could figure it out.  It all became clear when a frustrated Chuck at Globex kicked the underside of the Jeep when it was in the air....only to hear a slight rattle from the muffler.  I had slightly bashed the can and one of the baffles got loose and turned into a reed, so when just the right velocity air passed over it (meaning a specific RPM) it created a loud buzz.  A fun one for the databank.

Edited by kobbs_77
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Today was a BMW maintenance day also put the fog lights in 522a6e3b7e08a2ab363b653a9a91d4ee.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Greased my driveshaft

Sent from my Obama phone using Tapatalk


I prefer axles. 0b2f867661c44a54858c979d213fc360.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Cleaning up some wiring. I make a switch panel and installed it today.d8889b19f3898b0115ec78d0131278d8.jpg1248183f8085d1daa904a86cec8793b3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Slowly gaining on getting this jeep put back together. Most of the interior put back in and all the inside wiring done.5c8141af67a100a90f51026090bd6d94.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
42 minutes ago, rich6700 said:

Slowly gaining on getting this jeep put back together. Most of the interior put back in and all the inside wiring done.5c8141af67a100a90f51026090bd6d94.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
 

Wanna buy a bed rug?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Wanna buy a bed rug?
I was thinking about it, but there's nothing wrong with the factory one yet.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Had to put a patch in the floor. Interiors all back together. This wheeling trip sure added up quick. Repairs are almost at 5k and I'm doing all the work.0879fcd15f5a76bea8cf8546fcc75e29.jpgd8feff76cc71f2c92da00b3f4fe9b657.jpg0aaea463eccef26a9952e0a440c4cc9f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 hour ago, rich6700 said:

Had to put a patch in the floor. Interiors all back together. This wheeling trip sure added up quick. Repairs are almost at 5k and I'm doing all the work.0879fcd15f5a76bea8cf8546fcc75e29.jpgd8feff76cc71f2c92da00b3f4fe9b657.jpg0aaea463eccef26a9952e0a440c4cc9f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
 

Rust through? I take it your carpet was holding water?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Rust through? I take it your carpet was holding water?
The water was trapped between the floor and the seam sealer.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

New clock spring installed no more air bag light now I can get it inspected

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

I finally got the hardtop on. I used the cargo strap method like I usually do. I’ve decided I’m getting too old for the cargo strap method, so I’ll be in the market for one of those fancy pulley lifts next spring. 

My son and I went for a ride around the neighborhood. Our usual route takes us through a small local park with a dirt road. The road was all rutted out for some reason and much rougher than normal. Theo had a great time, so I was heading around the block to do it again when the Jeep died. I was able to get it started again but it would crap out again every few hundred feet. I’m pretty sure the issue is a loose belt, but I haven’t looked into it too deeply. I was just happy to make it home!

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
3 hours ago, SidSpider said:

I finally got the hardtop on. I used the cargo strap method like I usually do. I’ve decided I’m getting too old for the cargo strap method, so I’ll be in the market for one of those fancy pulley lifts next spring. 

My son and I went for a ride around the neighborhood. Our usual route takes us through a small local park with a dirt road. The road was all rutted out for some reason and much rougher than normal. Theo had a great time, so I was heading around the block to do it again when the Jeep died. I was able to get it started again but it would crap out again every few hundred feet. I’m pretty sure the issue is a loose belt, but I haven’t looked into it too deeply. I was just happy to make it home!

Cooper Road? Lot's of rain lately probably made it fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×