Disconnected Offroad
Mike

What did you do to your Jeep today?

Drove the Jeep to the parts store to get a battery for the car 🚗. Got to drive the car for the first time in 5 months. 

• Like 5

Ongoing woodworking projects.....

I put the finishing touches on this lightweight rear overhead storage rack this week.

Pine board, stained black, HD zip-tied to roll bar in my 2-door. Probably good for about 50lbs of gear. It’s got a hinged back half for easy access.

If passengers need that headroom I can release the zip ties and flip it on top of the bars.

4799FA81-CE56-4856-88D7-40F49900C60F.jpeg

F7C4D870-6863-4C4D-BC27-60AA9BBAEBFA.jpeg

8FDB0945-32B8-4868-819C-16A34B2FC5D9.jpeg

• Like 6

Did what I could to put the air filter back in it's home. Cleaned the rust off the cage and repainted.  Fluid things.  

IMG_20180630_180127.jpg

• Like 4

I finally wrapped my Jeep 

• Like 1

In what, frosting.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, WARDY said:

Need pics

Little delayed but i have zero, yes 0 dash lights on! And got my cruise control back. Damn broken wire....

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rich6700 said:

Pit on some hood struts the other day14cc290045578b3f0d5a74d5d15d08f4.jpg

7 hours ago, rich6700 said:

Put on some hood struts.

Old guy mod

• Like 1

Still been trying to pinpoint a grind/rattle noise from under the Jeep. I had thought it was the front drive shaft, but pulled that off on Sunday and the noise is still there. I did notice that my trans mount bushings are a little off, going to re-center that. But I think I narrowed down the noise to my skid getting pushed up against the exhaust piping. 

11 hours ago, Mike said:

Still been trying to pinpoint a grind/rattle noise from under the Jeep. I had thought it was the front drive shaft, but pulled that off on Sunday and the noise is still there. I did notice that my trans mount bushings are a little off, going to re-center that. But I think I narrowed down the noise to my skid getting pushed up against the exhaust piping. 

I had a great one.  I was towing heavy with the Jeep a few years back.  I was on the parkway when a buzzing sound happened at a certain RPM.  It wasn't speed sensitive or load sensitive after that.  I thought it was a crank bearing, input shaft bearing or, worse, one of the TVS screws in the blower. A stethoscope to the crank, blower, etc. revealed nothing. No one could figure it out.  It all became clear when a frustrated Chuck at Globex kicked the underside of the Jeep when it was in the air....only to hear a slight rattle from the muffler.  I had slightly bashed the can and one of the baffles got loose and turned into a reed, so when just the right velocity air passed over it (meaning a specific RPM) it created a loud buzz.  A fun one for the databank.

Edited by kobbs_77
  • Like 1

Today was a BMW maintenance day also put the fog lights in 522a6e3b7e08a2ab363b653a9a91d4ee.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Greased my driveshaft

Sent from my Obama phone using Tapatalk

I prefer axles. 0b2f867661c44a54858c979d213fc360.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2