Disconnected Offroad
Sign in to follow this  
Artayay

Rock Sliders - Rock Rails - Needed?

I've beaten my stock rubi rails a few times and they have held well but I will need new rails at some point. Just can't decide between the psc brawlers and the ace rails. Large price difference as well.

I have PSC rocker knockers. I got them because they were PSC and I like knockers

@Steve, do you find that the inserts for the PSC take a beating? or can they be touched up and put back in?

I have the Ace and love them.  With an unlimited budget I would do the Poison Spyder in a snap.

But at price and performance, I just can't imagine anything better than Ace.  They get the job done, and only require some quick touch up once a year.  They make a great step as well.

@Steve, do you find that the inserts for the PSC take a beating? or can they be touched up and put back in?

Yes they can be removed but it is a bitch. That is why my inserts went from color matched to Bed lined.

• Like 1

I've got customs. I like em, but they need some modifications now to make them more stout.

I really like the Sahara steps on our mall crawler, but if I did it again, I'd get a set of sliders with steps.

Just finally touched up my Ace rails last weekend.  Yes, they hang lower than your tub line / rubi rails.  But for me, that is what I was looking for.  Added off road protection with still having a "step" for the Mrs. and kids to get into the Jeep with ease.  Being lower hanging than the belly, you can pick a line to "slide" the rails over the larger rocks, keeping your more vulnerable spots safer.  A plus when lacking lift.

Bump & Kobbs will attest to this.. rock Rails can be used as a 'Pivot Point' to get you up and over, or around that obstacle that you might be afraid to attack if you didn't have rocker protection..  at some point, I will post a Fenders thread, for similar discussion, but for now, rock rails are, IMO, a very valuable necessity if thinking about heaing into the rocks of Rausch, or similar off road..

• Like 1

Bump & Kobbs will attest to this.. rock Rails can be used as a 'Pivot Point' to get you up and over, or around that obstacle that you might be afraid to attack if you didn't have rocker protection.. at some point, I will post a Fenders thread, for similar discussion, but for now, rock rails are, IMO, a very valuable necessity if thinking about heaing into the rocks of Rausch, or similar off road..

I will attest to that too. I feel badly that I was left out.

I'm a big fan of smooth for sliding so I went with RSE sliders they have good clearance and on more then one occasion have supported the weight of the Jeep.

Bump & Kobbs will attest to this.. rock Rails can be used as a 'Pivot Point' to get you up and over, or around that obstacle that you might be afraid to attack if you didn't have rocker protection..  at some point, I will post a Fenders thread, for similar discussion, but for now, rock rails are, IMO, a very valuable necessity if thinking about heaing into the rocks of Rausch, or similar off road..

TRUTH!!  However, having already sustained minor body damage from body-mount style rockers (body mounts flex) and if you hit 'em hard enough they will get into your body at the fore and aft nutserts.  I would/will be go with frame welded sliders like EVO or VKS (VKS looking suspiciously like the EVO design).  For those of you who don't want to do a frame welded setup, Shrockworks makes a bolt-on frame mount slider that looks like an ACE setup but again has the advantage of direct frame mounting.  THe only negative is that, as ABad noted, is that they're not smooth.  I have the RSE sliders too and I have nice gouges running the length of the slider.  Maybe weldup some 3/16" or 1/4" plate to the bottom of the above options, I dunno.

Agreed

New psc frame mounts look awesome.

Ace is good too just hate how they raised prices and pushed out smaller vendors. Glad I got my tire carrier in before the move

I use the ACE.  Price right and after seeing this video I was sold on them.

A little sanding and some Rustoleum textured flat black will clean them up like new.

New psc frame mounts look awesome.

Ace is good too just hate how they raised prices and pushed out smaller vendors. Glad I got my tire carrier in before the move

We're back in the game!!  Nascar, interested for when you have the Trektop on?

http://justjeepgear.3dcartstores.com/ACE-JK-Slant-Back-Tire-Carrier-Kit_p_671.html

7b0d183006f0a862b75c0c44edb14abf.jpg

89fd0243a0a19484e79e22f37299b3ed.jpg