Disconnected Offroad
Sign in to follow this  
Artayay

Aftermarket SoftTops, Alt Tops

74 posts in this topic

I have the pavement ends tonneau cover and windjammer and the only complaint I have is that the fabric started sagging a whole lot within a few weeks of being installed. 

13 minutes ago, Iggy said:

I have the pavement ends tonneau cover and windjammer and the only complaint I have is that the fabric started sagging a whole lot within a few weeks of being installed. 

My Bestop tonneau did the same thing.  Too long a span with no internal support to prevent it.

For some reason I thought that BestTop owns Pavement Ends.  No?

Anyway, just got a tracking number from Tim and Canada Post shows it is accepted and on its way to my town.  Unless someone else in Rockaway ordered an ORH top I figure I'm good to go.  Just 4 weeks, possibly a new speed record for Tim.  He tells me he's still filling backorders from February.  I guess that's the nature of things when you're dealing with someone who manufacturers by hand. Although he does have some additional staff now, so maybe lead times will improve.

• Like 1

I hope they do, because that's the top I'd want to get.  I just avoided it based on the horror stories of the lead times, etc.  

• Like 1

My main concern with Tim, other than lead time, is trying to get replacement parts.  If I tear a panel I don't want to wait 3 months for a replacement.  Which is why I might keep the old top even though it's got resale value, just to have the spare panels. 

Top just arrived.

7741330421100ec0e21ea1faec9f57fc.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• Like 3

It was gorgeous today . Sunnny, 75.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

So, lots of new things to learn with the cargo top. Also a new design to hold show the back of the rear roof panel. Not sure I like it yet. Will need to give it a few weeks to be sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ordered a deck cover from JJG. Should be here tomorrow.

Sent from Skynet

• Like 2

BTW, I dislike the new ORH soft top design.  Much more effort and time to put back on.  I'm going to sell it and get something else.  Thinking about going back to an OEM style soft top.  

5 hours ago, Bump said:

BTW, I dislike the new ORH soft top design.  Much more effort and time to put back on.  I'm going to sell it and get something else.  Thinking about going back to an OEM style soft top.  

My OEM was the squeakiest contraption on earth.  Do you still have the stock windshield header? I got this for $360 a while back when they had a sale. http://a.co/8BPBTdk

Yeah, it leaks a little, but I don't have carpet anyway.

No, I sold the entire soft top.  I did pick up some door surrounds at one point to run a bestop bimini, but don't know where they got to.

My OEM soft top was noisy as well, which is why I ditched it. I want something that's quick and easy to go from topless to weatherproof.  I don't drive that much since I work from home, mostly quick trips to the store and such.  Trail covers don't work well because rain pools over the seats and they all leak when enough water accumulates.  The old ORH took me 5-10 minutes to go from completely off to buttoned-up.  The new ORH takes 1/2 hour and I have to climb all over the Jeep or use a ladder to get the two roof panels into the center channel.  

I'm waiting to see how easy the new BestTop NX Glide comes off and goes on.  But I'd really like to go back to the classic Wrangler look.

Even the bikini takes a while to take on and of

3 hours ago, Bump said:

No, I sold the entire soft top.  I did pick up some door surrounds at one point to run a bestop bimini, but don't know where they got to.

My OEM soft top was noisy as well, which is why I ditched it. I want something that's quick and easy to go from topless to weatherproof.  I don't drive that much since I work from home, mostly quick trips to the store and such.  Trail covers don't work well because rain pools over the seats and they all leak when enough water accumulates.  The old ORH took me 5-10 minutes to go from completely off to buttoned-up.  The new ORH takes 1/2 hour and I have to climb all over the Jeep or use a ladder to get the two roof panels into the center channel.  

I'm waiting to see how easy the new BestTop NX Glide comes off and goes on.  But I'd really like to go back to the classic Wrangler look.

Only a half hour? :stickpoking:

On 8/16/2017 at 7:10 PM, Mike said:

Only a half hour? :stickpoking:

:thefinger:

4 years in and I still love my trektop. Mostly running the bikini with deck cover these days. But it's still black and quiet. Mostly run doors off in summer, but don't hear the top at all. Every season I put it on with a coat of 303 protectant and end of season clean with 303 cleaner then put protectant on. Only issues with top have been the surround I cracked on a tree and the Bestop tag fraying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 8/24/2017 at 3:02 PM, Nascar said:

4 years in and I still love my trektop. Mostly running the bikini with deck cover these days. But it's still black and quiet. Mostly run doors off in summer, but don't hear the top at all. Every season I put it on with a coat of 303 protectant and end of season clean with 303 cleaner then put protectant on. Only issues with top have been the surround I cracked on a tree and the Bestop tag fraying.

How quick and easy to take it completely off and back on?  A lot of the places I go are not top friendly.

40 minutes ago, Bump said:

How quick and easy to take it completely off and back on?  A lot of the places I go are not top friendly.

Mark, you moonlighting as a stripper again?

Edited by kobbs_77
  • Like 1

You want to stick some cash in my g-string?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bump said:

You want to stick some cash in my g-string?

BANNED!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@bump my 4 door soft top still sitting in the barn.

On 9/16/2017 at 8:23 AM, MJHomebrew said:

@bump my 4 door soft top still sitting in the barn.

Just saw this.  I'll get back to you after I get back from NJJC Cove Crawl in Gore VA.  Need to see how much I break before committing.